Monday, March 18, 2013

Projects!

The tax season projects are well under way so I thought I'd post a little of what I've been up to to keep myself busy.  Also, I did not make these quilts during this tax season.  I've been working on them for years now (it's a little embarrassing how long they've taken me) but I did finally get them quilted (or I should say had them quilted) and bound. 

I saw these cute skirts at a local fabric shop and had to recreate them.  They had just about every color of the fabric too so it was hard to choose!  I did this color and pink.  I think they turned out ok.
This quilt was from a "block party" at my local quilt shop.  It's called "Flowers From My Garden" and I honestly think it's been sitting in my closet for about 2 years.  So embarrassing.  It's so nice to have it done!  I just put it on my bed and I think it's perfect for spring!
This one is a mystery quilt from the local quilt shop. My mom made one too and I think her's turned out cuter but that's ok.  It's called "Garden Stars" and the line of fabric was called So Sophie so I just had to make it.
I really like the back of this one too.  It's a super fun soft minky and my kids love it too!
This is from another block party and is a Pioneer themed quilt.  Each block has a fun pioneerish name like "broken dishes", "rocky pass", "churn dash" or "wagon wheel".  I like how the center block is the state of Utah.  In the corners I embroidered one of the verses to "Come, Come Ye Saints".  Also, the top corner block is a "signature block" where I wrote one of my pioneer ancestor's names (Mary Alice Cannon).  This one was a lot of fun to make even though it took me a long time too! 
Here's a fun little Valentine's table runner that I finished after Valentine's Day.  There's always next year right?
Here's another runner I saw in the same store with the cute chevron fabric.  It's called "Egg Roll" and I couldn't resist it the minute I saw it! 
It has these cute little chicks that I kind of went crazy over too!  The kit had tons of leftover fabric so my mom made one too (and of course hers turned out a lot cute again) and there was still tons of fabric left over!  Good thing it's some cute stuff!
Here's our new quilt on our bed.  I think it looks pretty happy there.  This was all so fun to do but I think I'm ready form a little break from quilting.  I'm working on another one from a block party called "Letters to My Daughter" which of course I had to do but I'm making 3 of each block for my 3 girls so that one will probably take a few years too.  Maybe it'll be ready by the time Sophia gets married!
Finally, here's some of Sophia's latest creations.  I wasn't kidding about the paper, tape and scissors obsession.  These ones she made in art class at school.  I think they turned out pretty cute.
She liked them so much she decided to make another little toilet paper roll family.  I love how the mom has a purse.  All the little details crack me up. 
This isn't really a project but it's some super cute Brazilian stuff Doug's mom sent for baby brother.  I love it all!  I was so excited about it!  She included a picture of where she bought hat too.  I think it's originally from Bolivia.  I seriously love it.  He's going to look so cute!

No comments: