Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!!

We pretty much spent the few days after Christmas being sick.  We played a lot of games to pass the time.  Lewis loves to take part in Headbanz!!
Last Monday I went to lunch with friends from high school.  It snowed a ton that morning and I had to take Doug to work in order to have his car to go (side story - our "new" car started making a funny noise and funny smell a few weeks ago.  We finally took it in and discovered that it needs a new transfer case and that part of the transmission broke.  Hooray!! Luckily it is all still under the factory warranty and so we're getting everything (including a new transmission) for free!! Now here's the real hooray!!  They also gave us a loaner car in the meantime but we didn't actually get it until this weekend).  Anyway, it took me 2 hours to take Doug to and from work.  If I had known it was going to be that bad I probably would not have gone.  I was pretty desperate to get out after being cooped up for a few days though.  I was going crazy!! Luckily I have the best in-laws in the entire world who took my kids at the last minute.  It was such a fun lunch and so good to see these girls again.  Just the laughs and conversation I needed!!
On New Year's Even we went to my parents with 2 of my brothers for some delicious fondue.  It was so fun and so good!! We rang in the new year at 9:00 pm and then headed home.  We watched the few different Rockin' New Years eve programs and let the girls see if they could stay up.  Mabel (and Lewis) were the only ones who didn't make it.
 I barely did!!  I rarely stay awake but I made it this year! It was fun to ring in the new year with sparkling cider (and really tired eyes!)
 And here's a random snap chat from Doug and Lewis from the other day.
On New Year's Day Sophia went to her grandparents camp for Gramp Camp.  It was for all the cousins 9 and older. They talked about "staying in the boat" and they each put their names on their own ores.  They also got journals with a bunch of neat prompts to encourage them to write. They also did some fun things like the Curiosity Musuem at Thanksgiving Point and the Savior of the World play complete with a Lion House dinner in Salt Lake.  They are spoiled!! They have some pretty great grandparents and she wouldn't stop talking about it all weekend.  I think it's safe to say she had a good time!!

No comments: