Sunday, April 10, 2016

March Madness (and Easter!)

We had a good March!! It was fun and busy and went by so fast.  Which isn't a bad thing when it's in the middle of tax season!! At the end of February we said goodbye to Doug's parents as they left for their mission to Mozambique.  They're going to be working with the Seminaries and Institutes program and are glad they're only gone for a year this time! 
 I spotted this at school one day.  It cracked me up. One of the other kids said they would take everyone to Disneyland and another said they would give everyone diamonds.  Those are also good options I'd go for.
 A few weeks ago it finally warmed up enough for us to ride bikes to the park. This boy absolutely loved it.  
 There was still a little bit of snow at the park but that didn't stop this kid!
 He can't get enough of his pink and purple bike.  Works for me!
 At the beginning of March we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday at the school with donuts and books in the morning.
 A few days later the girls had a musical theater show.  Sophia was in "Beethoven's Day" from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
 and Lilly was in "Strongest Suit" from Aida.  They both did great and were fun to watch!
 We're grateful for grandma and grandpa who came to watch too!!
 A few days after that Sophia and her friend Will got to be extras in another Studio C skit.  She was pretty excited about it and I was grateful it was shorter than the last one!
 I took this little guy to VanGough to Playdogh at the MOA at BYU.  The theme that day was cowboys and Native Americans and he made some pretty great things!
 One of the Saturdays in March this girl got to go on a date with me.  She chose lunch at Stokes (the local grocery store) and was a little disappointed to discover it wasn't a restaurant.  Not sure what she was thinking in the first place!! We were able to find something from the deli and then she wanted to go eat at the park.  She cracks me up.  It was a fun date nonetheless!
 Later that day I came home to find a tour of Disney princess dolls
 and this.  I've learned to just not ask questions sometimes.
 These two.  Never a dull moment. They set up this bed for themselves and I was grateful that the cushions didn't give way!
 St. Patricks Day came and went and was a good one!! I left some treats from the leprechaun
 which were enjoyed!
 Later that night we had green floats with dinner.
 We also played our traditional St. Patrick's day game
 And went to the school carnival and got our faces painted.  And for some reason the picture is sideways...
 A few days later we went to the rock show in Spanish Fork.  We've gone to this for about the last 6 years and my kids love it every time! Lewis enjoyed the collection he got this time.
 I also had a temporary moment of insanity (I called it my tax season distraction but it was also a distraction from pregnancy nausea...) and painted our laundry room.
 I LOVE how it turned out and wish I had done it sooner!! It's so much brighter in there!!
 The best part of March was Easter!! My mom completely spoiled my kids and gave them the coolest eggs!!
 We also had a hunt with our ward in the snow.  It was still a great time and my kids loved it and got soooo much candy!
 We also got to dye eggs with Daddy! It was nice to have him around on Saturdays in March!
 This little boy was so proud of himself and his eggs!
 That night I went to the Women's meeting for General Conference with these 2 beauties.  It's crazy that I can take 2 of them with me now!!
 Easter morning was a little rough.  A few of us were not pleased with the matching clothes and it was a struggle to get a picture.
 Things went a little better than afternoon though.
 These 2 cleaned up nicely on Easter too!
 Later that night we got to host my family for dinner. It was all so delicious and fun to spend time with them!
 The kids helped set the table
 We even made bunny ear napkins!
 Toward the end of March I got to accompany Lilly on a Farm Days field trip.  It was pretty eventful!! We got to watch a sheep being sheard
made a living necklace,
 and got to see some other animals among other things.  It was a pretty great trip to the farm!
 My kids have been having way too much fun with the filters on Snapchat and I've found so many pictures like this on my phone.
 Sophia had a readers theater at school about the civil war. They did great!

1 comment:

ottspot said...

Mabel probably just wanted to eat an entire loaf of white chocolate pecan bread for lunch! Oh wait, that is me. They have yummy breads!