Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blue Earth, MN


We made it to Rochester, MN yesterday! It was a really great trip and aside from Sophia throwing up in the early part of the trip the rest of the day was great! Especially the random animal statue we saw on the side of the road in South Dakota. Prize goes to the first person who can name what animal that is. When we were a couple of hours out of Rochester Doug to a sudden exit to Blue Earth, MN. I had no idea what he was doing and then I saw it --- a 60 ft. statue of the Jolly Green Giant. What trip through Minnesota would be complete without a trip to the old giant. It was pretty fun and we got Sophia a miniature giant to play with. Not only is it home of the Green Giant, Blue Earth is also home to the Eskimo Pie. Unfortunately they are no longer produced there.

We arrived in Rochester at about 3 and had a great time getting caught up with everyone. We then went to a fabulous dinner at Culvers and then the boys took Ben to his T-Ball game and the girls went to get new sandals and a pedicure. It was great!
This morning we had some yummy Panera Bread and this afternoon we're heading to the movies. Sophia found a green marker and had a great time coloring a picture on herself while I was helping Tonya with RS stuff. I'm pretty sure she was trying to make herself look like the Jolly Green Giant. Anyway, we're headed to the cities and Mall of America tomorrow. I'll be sure to post more then. For now, enjoy the pictures!
P.S. In other news, we found out yesterday that we got a house! Perfect timing huh? Now we have to see how much we can work out from here or if we'll have to wait until we get home. We'll keep you posted.

Total Mileage for the Day: 600 (I lied about yesterday. We really went about 800)
Lowest Gas Price for the Day: $2.99
Biggest Surprise of the Day: The 60 ft. Jolly Green Giant on the side of the road.

6 comments:

PureDesign said...

Sounds like a fun trip, my guess on the animal is an:

Analope!?!?

Anyways the green giant is definetly worth stopping for, I havent been on a long rode trip since the last time me and my brothers drove up to Utah to drop me off at the MTC...

Anyways I too love blogging, thanks for adding my wife and I, and we both will be checking in to keep up with you.

How old is your girl?

ottspot said...

Wow on the house!!! Where's it at? Looks like Sophs is doing really well on the trip--much better than I would expect from Will.

Melissa said...

I remember what it is like to have a kid throw up on a trip. Good think you didn't have a husband throw up too! (Brandon has a very weak stomach)Hope she is feeling better and that you guys don't get sick! I think it is a Texas Longhorn, but what the heck is it doing in Minnesota?? Great job with the house!!! We're so happy for you guys!!!

Lauren said...

A HOUSE!?!? I didn't know you were even looking! Happy Day! We all need more details!

I love how Doug is wearing green with the Jolly Green Giant. Very fitting. Glad you guys are having fun.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the picture of Sophie on Sam. "Ridum horsie!" I miss Sophie already!
-Jeff