Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jacksonville, FL

Well we made it safely to hot and humid Jacksonville. I never thought I'd admit that I actually miss the Utah heat. At least it's dry heat! I don't think I've ever experienced weather like this before. You literally start sweating the minute you step outside. It's great. We haven't let it stop us from having a good time though! We got here yesterday and hung out with Hiromi for a little while and then went to the Mall to wait for Stu to get off work. We let Sophia play for a little while until she got leveled by some kid in the play area. Then we went and took her to a puppy shop in the mall. She loved it and it was so cute to see all the little puppies! Then we met Stu and went to Clark's Fish Camp for dinner. It was quite the authentic Florida dining experience! It was great! It was right on a big pond where we saw a few sea turtles and tried to spot a gator. Apparently the owner has the largest taxidermy collection in the country or something like that and the animals we scattered throughout the restaurant. It was pretty incredible! We had a fabulous meal complete with fried pickles and gator tail.

Today Doug and I took Sophia to the Jacksonville zoo. I think it's the best zoo we've ever been to. It was awesome! Sophia loved it! I've included pictures of her playing in the "Splash Zone" (such a good idea for a zoo!) as well as one of the gators we saw in the "Wild Florida" part of the zoo. It's a little hard to spot but you should be able to pick it out.

On the way home from the zoo we stopped at Atlantic Beach. It was so beautiful and so fun to be right next to the ocean! It felt so cool and it felt good to put our fee in the water! We swam in the pool in Stu's complex last night and that felt great too. I'm pretty sure if I lived here I'd swim every day! Doug and I also decided we'd probably visit the beach every day too because it was so beautiful! We had already changed Sophia out of her swimsuit by that point because we didn't think she'd get in the water but unfortunately the waves kept taking her off her feet so eventually we stripped her down to her diaper. It was great! Enjoy the pics! We're headed to St. Augustine tomorrow and I'll be sure to post more then!

2 comments:

PureDesign said...

Holy cow, ya'll are some traveling fools. I didn't realize just how much traveling ya'll were doing. I thought it was just to see your sister, but now I'm seeing ya'll are trying to see the whole United States of America.

ottspot said...

Hi Jo! We are going to have a little b-day party for Will on Saturday the 21st. You guys were gonna be back by then right? We'll probably just set up the pool and let the kids splash because it is way too hot to do anything else! Glad you are having such a fun time!