Sunday, July 8, 2007

Tega Cay, SC!





We have had a great past couple of days in Tega Cay. Last night we enjoyed a wonderful southern BBQ dinner from Sonny's. It was fabulous! We also had a great time watching the Live Earth concerts. We had a great time at church today and overall have had a wonderful time relaxing here. Bud cooked us a fabulous steak dinner tonight and Kim made tremendous home-made ice cream! It's been so nice. Sophia has definitely enjoyed playing with cousins! Unfortunately she likes to "play" with Elizabeth a little too much but has only managed to knock her over a couple of times. Elyse can't seem to get enough of Sophia and that has been fun for her too. We have loved being here and are so grateful for Bud and Kim's hospitality! We're looking forward to heading to Jacksonville tomorrow! Enjoy the pics! The first one is of what it looked like to drive through Virginia. It was beautiful! We also had to get a pic of the bathing beauties in their fun animal bath towels! I also had to include one of "Bubs" and the wonderful family we've been fortunate enough to spend the past few days with.

Total mileage for the day (yesterday): about 400
Lowest gas price: $2.73 (here in Tega Cay. So much cheaper than the $3.19 in Utah!)
Biggest surprise of the day: Charlotte (which is only about 20 mins away) is the Nascar capital of the world. Who knew? I sure didn't. Thanks for passing this along as well as the Nascar goods Bud!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow it looks like you guys had a great time. It makes me want to go out there too. I want to go to Charleston and got to Paula Deen's restaurant! Cute pictures. I'm glad Elyse and Sophie had fun!

James and Tiff said...

Are you coming home yet?!?! I miss all of you tons! 10 days right?! I am loving the scruff Doug- it is awesome! Let me know if you need anything from us here:) Have fun!

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you are posting while on the road!! I hope your trip is going well. Looks like it from all accounts. I also enjoyed watching the live earth concerts! Say hi to all your family for me!