Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just in case you didn't see it...

I'm famous (not really) again. Go sweet potatoes! The included recipes really are pretty good. I like them anyway. In other news, I tried my hand at canning chicken this afternoon. It was on sale for a $1.29/lb this week at the new "Fresh Market" grocery stores and so I bought a lot. Unfortunately we have a tiny freezer so I needed another way to preserve it. I too thought it sounded gross when I heard about it but I don't think it's going to be too bad. It's just like canned chicken that you buy from Costco. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

Yumm...I've made the twice baked sweet potatoes before (although I think my recipe was a little different). They were like dessert. And no one would eat them besides me. So I ate them for about a week.

Nancy said...

Thats so cool! We can chicken all the time around here. I use it in so many things. Soups, casseroles, fajitas, chicken sandwiches, whatever. Its so easy. Maceys always sells the big 40 lbs. boxes and I buy one and split it with my sisters. We usually get 1 lb per pint which makes each pint about $1. You cant beat that! If you like it you should also try beef and pork. We do both of those too and it makes dinner so much easier! The pork Im doing tomorrow Im canning cafe rio style. You just put the pork in the jars with salsa and brown sugar and it comes out so yummy!!

Lauren said...

Whoa... canning chicken? Cool! Nancy cans all that meat? I think I want to learn! That does sound easier for dinners, and cheap. Hmmm, something to think about.

Jo, love the sweet potato article! I will have to try those recipes. I have done something similar with the wraps... hummus instead of avacado. Sounds delish.