Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Day of Wearing Green!

We had such a fun day and hope you did too!

This morning I went to Sophia's class to volunteer and I got there just in time! The kids had just come in from recess and were all freaking out because a leprechaun had come while they were at recess. Their cute teacher messed up the toys and their chairs and put little green paint footprints all over the tables. She also turned the white milk green and put green coloring in the toilet. The kids were all dying. They thought it was so hilarious. The leprechaun did leave a note in their leprechaun trap saying he was too fast but that he left them some chocolate gold coins for trying to catch him. They loved it.

After school we came home and made some of these. They were yummy but we made way too many! Good thing those tax accountants love treats during busy season! After gymnastics I made dinner and told the girls the leprechaun snuck in while we were gone and turned our food green. Sophia thought it was so hilarious. Lilly wouldn't go near any of it. The eggs turned out a little too green. Can't say that I blame her.


After dinner we were lucky enough to have some friends over. We had fun playing our St. Patty's game with them. My awesome friend Nancy has this amazing mom who does a ton for every holiday! She made this game and was nice enough to let us copy it! It's so fun and my kids love it!
Here they are doing their jigs.
Overall it was a fun day. People think I'm crazy for celebrating St. Patrick's Day so much but I'll take whatever I can to spice things up in the middle of tax season! I hope you all had a happy one as well and that no one got pinched!
P.S. Check out what my amazing friend Stacy made for her kids. I love it! What a fun idea. Next year for sure. She's so awesome!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thats a fun day of tricks and jigging! I love the rainbow bread idea. We are going to celebrate on Sunday and maybe I'll have to try making some of that.

Lauren said...

I heartily agree Jo! Gotta take every chance to make life fun. Hang in there!!!

P.S. I really want one of those cookies right now.