Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In like a lion

March has definitely come in like a lion in our house! We are finally getting a minute to catch our breath and I hope things are starting to settle down. Here's what we've been up to lately. I have the best sister ever and she sent me the cutest mid-tax season surprise package. She did this last year too and I loved it! She really is the best. The girls can't wait to explore what's inside.Here's a random picture of Lilly when she fell asleep on the way home a few days ago. I love that she managed to keep her hand in the cookie jar (aka Cheetos).Last week my mom was on spring break and so she got to come and show off her Cinderella book collection to Sophia's class. The kids loved it and of course she did a great job. I am kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of her with the class. Here's a shot of the thank you notes though which is a good sign that things went well.My other awesome sister did a cute pay it forward thing and sent me this cute tile. I love it!Sophia's class has been learning about science lately and she decided to do a report on meteors. She did a great job and was able to show the shooting star song from this DVD (we love this CD/DVD - the numbers one is great too)!Last Saturday we went to another family day at the BYU art museum. We learned about Islam and were able to walk through their current "From Beauty to Belief" exhibit. It was awesome. Here they are playing with some Arabic/Hebrew/some other middle eastern language blocks.At then end we got to make some cool Islamic mobiles (watercolor animals attached to a crescent shape).After that we headed to my mom's for a little bit. While we were there Lilly tripped and landed on one of my mom's ceramic Easter villages. She scratched her face a little and got a small bump. Then she fell off their rock wall in their backyard and got an even bigger scratch in almost the exact same spot! The poor girl looked so beat up. I felt so sorry for her.Here's the girls watching "The Big Green" later that night. Lilly was asleep but Sophia was still watching. I love these sweet sister moments.We have also been getting excited for spring around here! We planted some wheat grass and have already gotten some blades! I love doing this every year. Thanks again for the idea Lauren!Even the daffodils are excited for spring! I can't believe they've already bloomed! I love it though!Here's Lilly's latest project from the toddler class at the MOA. They marbled paper eggs using shaving cream and spray watercolors. It was amazing and so fun!Finally, here's how we're celebrating the holiday today - with a yummy slice of Mud and Coconut cream pies from Daltons. Happy Pi day!

2 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

I love that Sophia did a report on meteors. Emma is sooooo afraid of them! She prays every night that we won't get hit by a meteor, or have an earthquake or tornado. I need to have Sophia talk to her. Maybe she will calm down. :)

The Favorite said...

That is a nice sister to send you a BIG package with fun stuff. Love it!
I also love your little stand for my vinyl thing. Great job decorating.