Monday, July 2, 2012

Here's a few of the latest random happenings from our lives. 

I have loved seeing all my flowers bloom lately.  I think this one is one of my favorites.  I think it's called Fuschia?  Do you know Lauren?
We also finished up swimming lessons which was pretty fun (and we're happy to be done!) It was kind of fun to see how far the girls came in 2 weeks though.  There was no way Lilly would have done this 2 weeks ago.
This summer we've gotten a little creative in encouraging good behavior and not so much fighting (which we've still had plenty of so I'm not sure how effective it's been).  Anyway, we have a little chart for each person and they get a star when they've listened, made a good choice, not whined, etc and an x for when they've not made the best choice.  At the end of the week we add up the stars vs extra and they get a gold coin for how many stars they have left over.  We told them that we'd have a store (at random) for them to spend their coins in.  We finally had our first store last week and here's what was included.  The best part was that I had most of it and just had to get a few things from the dollar store.  I really can't say I've noticed a huge difference yet but I hope we're making a step in the right direction. 
This is kind of random but last weekend my dad was going to Arizona to visit my grandma for her birthday. He asked me to make a cake to take with him and here's what I came up with. It's kind of cake wrecks worthy but that's ok.  It was a chocolate cake with a chocolate raspberry filling and ganache on top.  My cousin said it was good and so I hope she's telling the truth!
Last weekend we headed down to Wales for Welsh Days.  The kids got to ride with grandpa in the Gator in the children's parade on Friday night.  They thought that was pretty fun.
After the parade we headed to the drive-in in Mt. Pleasant to enjoy Madagascar 3.  It was actually pretty funny and I think the girls had a good time. 
 I'm pretty sure Mabel had the best time though.
The next morning we drove around Sanpete county a little and went past the tent city in Moroni where all the firefighters are staying.
It was pretty cool to see and kind of made it real to me how hard they are working to put these fires out.
 We also headed down to Manti for a stop at Miller's to enjoy the best donuts on the planet!
They are seriously the most delicious things ever.  The fritters were still warm and were so delicious!  We discovered them when we were there with my brother last month and so now it's hard for us to not go when we're down there.
Even though she doesn't really show it, Mabel enjoyed her donut.  Most of the stuff on her face is chocolate but some is from a little spill she took earlier.
After our yummy donuts we came back to enjoy the grand parade.  I'm pretty sure this was my favorite entry.
 The kids were pretty excited about the candy!
We're looking forward to some fun things this week and wish you all a happy 4th of July!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Just love your holidy photo wall... so cute! And yes that is a fushia. So pretty!