Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fun Weekend

We had a pretty good weekend on Friday night we had a fun campout in Grandpa and Grandma Wilkins backyard.  After a delicious dutch oven dinner we headed up to Myole Park (named after this amazing pioneer) in Alpine.  After watching a movie about him (Only a Stonecutter) we toured his house and property.  Then we drove to Traverse Mountain so we could look over both valleys and see how far he walked to the Salt Lake Temple every week.  After that we headed back to Grandpa's house where we enjoyed popcorn and treats and watched some funny old Laurel and Hardy movies.  The kids loved them! 

The next morning I got up bright and early (they were nice enough to let me sleep in the house) and picked up Lexie and Tiffany (they both ran Ragnar last weekend too) to catch the bus to take us up American Fork Canyon for the AF half marathon.  I did this one last summer too and totally loved it.  It was pretty good this year too but I was a little slower.  Oh well. Here I am rounding the corner to the finish line!  I was soooo ready to be done!
Lexie and I (watch out for the bunny ears!) at the finish.  Tiffany was too amazing and we couldn't keep up with her.   She did awesome and ended up finishing way before us.  We stuck together though and had a good time.
Hooray! We finished!
After that I went back to Doug's parents house and then we enjoyed the Wilkins Family Olympics.  Here's Doug enjoying the marshmallow toss.
My cute fam.  Everyone did great and it was so much fun.  Thanks for organizing this Kimber!  It was a blast and we loved doing it again!
After the olympics and lunch Doug took the older girls and went with the rest of the fam to a local pond to fish and swim.  Mabel and I enjoyed a nice little nap together.  We finished off the day by taking the girls to see Brave (it was ok - it took kind of a weird turn in the middle but I really liked the soundtrack) and some yummy Thai food (we're a little addicted). 

Another fun thing from the weekend was my birthday present from Jeffy.  He loves me!  We enjoyed the chocolate covered cheerios during Brave yesterday.
I also got this from my amazing friend Tiffany!  I can't believe how much work she put into it!  I totally love it! Thank you Tiffany! You're the best!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Way to go on the run! Your awesome. Thought about you this past week. Hope you had a great birthday. Welcome to the 30 club!