Monday, October 1, 2012

How to make Apple Cider and Cute Dresses

This weekend we went to my parents house for the annual apple cider making day!  Before we went we made sure to put on our Halloween shirts and snap a cute picture.  It took a few tries but I think we finally got it right.
I finally told her to not growl at me and that did the trick! (don't mind that the picture is taken in front of our car).
Once we got to grandpa's house we started gathering the apples.  We shook the trees first to get all the apples and then gathered them into buckets.
 Lots and lots of buckets! 
Then we put them in a water bath to clean them off 
and then put them in the grinder and watched grandpa use his big and strong muscles to grind the apples.
Then we placed all the apple pulp in the press, turned the handle
and out came the juice!
 We made sure to feed the leftover apple stuff to the cows which they thoroughly enjoyed.
We also took a break to play with the uncle Jason's dogs.
Everyone was still working hard after a few hours.  It was a project but thank goodness many hands make light work.
 Some of us got a little sleepy though and needed a rest on the couch.
 After all our hard work it was fun to see how much cider we made.  About 30 gallons worth!
After a fun day of cider making Doug took the girls home so that I could go to the RS broadcast with my mom.  They made a cute Halloween craft together
 as well as some fun Halloween cookies.  I love the giant ghost one on the left.
My mom and I had also gone to dollhouse festival earlier that day and picked up some fun new dressed for the girls.  Sophia loved hers and was pretty sure it was a real princess dress.  She was also pretty sure she looked like Belle.
 Here's Lilly in her cute dress
and a sad Mabel in hers.  The minute I saw this dress I totally fell in love with it and thought she looked pretty cute in it.
It even looked super cute from the back.

Overall it was a fun and busy weekend and made us happy it's fall!

No comments: