Thursday, January 10, 2013

A few of my favorite gifts

Just wanted to do a quick post about some of my favorite gifts from Christmas.  Doug gave me a picture he sketched of Mabel as a baby.  He's done sketches of our other kids baby pictures so it was nice to add this one to the collection.
 
Sophia gave me this darling calendar that she made in class.  I love it so much! Notice at the bottom it says "Created by the hands of Sophia".  I love it because each picture is literally made with her handprints!  How clever is that?!  Her teacher is the best.  
I was only going to show a few of the months but I couldn't decide which ones so I've just included them all. Here's a snowflake for January,
 A heart for February,
 4 leaf clover for March,
an umbrella for those April showers,
 cute flowers for May
 a butterfly for June
 a flag for July,
 a boat for August,
 a back to school apple for September,
 a scary spider for October,
 a cute Tom turkey for November
and a Christmas tree for December.
Her teacher is seriously amazing.  This is actually one of those gifts that I will keep forever! (not that I don't keep every last thing my kids give me).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

SUPER CUTE!!! Way out did the one that Jake made for me last year. Such a fun idea. I'll have to file it away in my memory

Leda Johnson said...

That calendar is the greatest idea. I will be stealing that when Savannah gets older.