Friday, August 7, 2015

Fun with sisters!!!!

I was so lucky to have both my sisters come to visit this summer!! I was also lucky enough to pick each of them up from the airport and was sure to have Swig cookies and dirty diet dr. peppers in hand when they arrived.  My sister Melissa and my mom and I got to go to the Young Readers Symposium at the Provo Library and it was awesome!! One of the speakers we heard was Leonard Marcus. He's a children's book historian and recently just wrote a book about Golden Books.  It was really neat to hear him speak about these books!! 
 There is also an exhibit going on at the library of original Golden Book art so that was neat to see too!!
 Another speaker we heard from was Jon Klassen. He's an author/illustrator and won the Caldecott medal a few years ago for "I Want My Hat Back". He was such a fun speaker and his illustrations are amazing.
 I was only able to go to the first day but the second day Clare Vanderpoole who won the Newberry medal for "Navigating Early" (such a good book!!!) was speaking so I grabbed a picture with her since I wouldn't be able to see her speak.  My mom and sister said she was amazing though.
 I also got a picture with Jon Klassen with our blue bowler hats (from one of his books).
 While my sisters were here we also go to go to the Payson Temple.  I forgot they don't do rentals so my sisters did initiatories while my mom and I did a session. I felt bad about that but was glad I got to go with my mom!
We were able to go to the Provo Temple together though so that was nice.  
 We also went to the Chocolate of course!! Can't miss that while they were here!! My oldest sister Eliza was only here 3 days and we crammed a lot into those 3 days. We hiked the Y and ate a lot!  It was so fun though!!
 While Melissa was still here we went to the Springville Art Museum quilt show and lunch at Magelby's.  Such a fun time.  Mabel liked this one the best.

No comments: