Friday, August 7, 2015

Trek!

A few weeks after we moved in Doug was asked to be the ward coordinator for our stake trek.  I was not planning on going and wished him luck!! A few days later I had a thought that I needed to go.  A few days after that Doug asked if I wanted to go.  I told him that I felt like I was supposed to.  Then a few days before we had a ma and pa that were no longer able to go so we got to fill in.  I was so glad I went.  It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot and got to know people in the ward.

Here we are fresh and ready to go!
 This was our only daughter Arilie.  She made our flag and did an awesome job with it too!!
 Here we are with our trek family getting ready to go.
 One of the other families in our ward was the minionaries.  What a cute idea!
 The first night we camped in muddy creek and had a great fireside from the stake presidency.  We were camped by some pioneer graves (both nights actually) which was pretty neat.  It really felt like such a sacred place to be in.
I thought I had more pictures on my phone but they must be on Dougs! We were pretty exhausted by the end. One of our "sons" got heat stroke pretty bad.  It was seriously such a fun time though.  We were fed like kings and got to do some square dancing one of the nights.  We've moved to such a great place and are surrounded by some pretty great people. It was so good to get to know them and I was really impressed with the youth in our ward. 
I was also so grateful for our family who watched our kids while we were gone.  I kept getting snapchats like this the whole time and knew they were in good hands!! 

No comments: