Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Projects, plays and more fun!

This little girl insisted that she do gymnastics this year.  After 2 classes of this we decided to give it up.  Little stinker. 
 She also made  this letter for a friend (no one in particular) and wanted to put it in the mailbox.  I thought that's what she'd done until I found it on our sidewalk.  She cracks me up.
 She also started Kindergarten and has loved it so far!! I love that the bus picks her up and drops her off at our house!
I've had some fun crafting lately too.  A friend in my ward invited me to a monthly craft night. I made these porch pumpkins and love them!
 I also made an autumn pillow cover for the front porch.  I'm excited to make more for each holiday/season!
I also entered a moment of temporary insanity once my kids started school and painted my kitchen cupboards.  It was quite the process and took 4 days.  My poor kids were a little neglected during that time. 
 I did have a pretty cute helper though!
 I love the finished product though and am soooo glad I did it!! I wish I had done it sooner!
 Then it was on to painting the table and chairs.  This took a lot longer than expected.  Who knew it was so hard to find the right blue?!
 We finally did and are happy with how it turned out.
The girls have also been creative lately and put on a play the other day.  Sophia was the director and they all did a great job.
 The theme at my girls' school this year is "Pirates".  I think there's a word for each letter or something.  Anyway, they got to dress up as pirates one day and loved it.
 A few weeks ago we went to Doug's work party.  We loved the face painting and balloons!
 The next day I took my girls to "Peter Pan" in Payson. It was fun and they did a great job!! They had these cool Tink tracker bracelets that would light up when tinkerbell was on the stage.
 Finally for our last bit of craftiness Sophia fixed herself a fancy lunch the other day.  I sure love that girl.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

Your pillow and pumpkins are adorable! And the kitchen looks awesome.