Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Labor Day (and more) Fun!

For Labor Day we headed north to explore parts of northern Utah.  We drove by the Brigham City temple and the renovated Ogden temple (but apparently I didn't take a picture).
 After that we went to the Golden Spike monument.
 It was a pretty fun place! Lewis especially loved the trains.
 We got to see a reenactment while we were there which was pretty great and a little boring for the kids.
 After that we drove out to the Spiral Jetty on the Great Salt Lake. It was pretty cool!
 That place was crazy though!! It was so vast!! The lake was probably 1/2 -1 mile from the jetty. I was reading about it after and it said right after it was built/created the jetty was underwater for 30 years.  Amazing to think that the water has been that high before!
 At the edge of the lake there was this crazy foam stuff. It was kind of nuts!
 It seriously felt like we were in outer space.  Especially because the water was red!
 jumping family!
 My little brother took some photos for us too.  I wish we'd all been a little more coordinated.  It was seriously the best place for pictures!
 A few weeks ago I went on a girls trip to the Wales house with friends from my old ward.  It was so fun.  We laughed and ate and shopped and just enjoyed time together!
 Last week the girls had an early out day at school.  Lilly apparently didn't get enough school that day and created this worksheet when she got home.  She kills me. Apparently she loves the clock!
 Last week Doug and I went to see "The Diary of Anne Frank" at the Hale Theater. I loved it.  I thought it was very well done.
 We also took the kids to the Golden Book exhibit at the Provo Library before it closed.  It was so fun to see it again!
 Mabel somehow found and created this letter for Sophia the First. It had an actual address on it so we sent it off.  We'll see if she writes back!
 And finally here's one of Lewis the lounger. I love this boy.  He's a laugh a minute!

2 comments:

ottspot said...

The jetty isn't so much a jetty when the water is nowhere close, I guess. Crazy!

ottspot said...

The jetty isn't so much a jetty when the water is nowhere close, I guess. Crazy!