Monday, May 9, 2016

The rest of April and Mother's Day!

The rest of April was pretty good to us.  Sophia went on a field trip to the Hogle Zoo and brought us home matching owl bracelets.  Sure love that girl!!
 Tax season also ended and I was finally able to get a few nights out with this guy!! We enjoyed a night at the symphony with some of my family members and it was wonderful!  I had a bit of a head cold which explains my tired eyes!!
 This little guy fell asleep one day and his daddy decided to play a little trick on him.  Silly daddy.  When he woke up he thought it was hilarious and wanted to keep it on the rest of the day.
 Sophia and Lilly put on a little play for us a few Sunday's ago.  It had about 11 songs that they danced and acted to.  It was pretty great!


This little boy has enjoyed having his daddy around!! He finally has someone to play baseball with!
A few weeks ago the girls and I went with my parents to "The Secret Garden" in concert with the Utah Valley Symphony.  It was a great night!! Truly one of my favorite musicals!
 Lilly had a friend over a few weeks ago and Sophia set up this painting station for them with things from nature.  They loved it!!
Doug wanted to get the kids a tax season gift so he went with this.  They loved it and it has received a lot of use since then!!
Last Saturday we went to the aquarium for our cousin Ben's birthday.  It was a great time. Lewis couldn't get enough of all the fish! The sharks were his favorite!
Grandpa let him and Mabel get a pressed penny.  It was pretty much the highlight of the trip!
 Last Monday we went to Farm Country at Thanksgiving point for FHE.  Mabel went there for a field trip a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it!! She had been begging to go back ever since!
Aside from the look on his face Lewis did enjoy the pony ride.  He was just mad that he didn't get the pony he wanted !


 It warmed up a little recently (and then was freezing again this weekend!!) and the girls were pretty sure it was summer!! They needed swimsuits and the hose stat!
 We also pulled out the Barbie jeep and this guy can't get enough.  He scares me to death but he actually has done pretty well driving it.
I made some homemade playdough last week and it kept all 4 kids entertained for about an hour.  I couldn't believe it!! It's something I need to do more often apparently!!  His little tongue kills me!
A few months ago I took some pots to a local nursery to have them planted.  I picked them up a few days ago and was blown away by how they looked.  They were so much bigger than I expected!! They were taller than Lewis!!
 On Saturday I took this girl on her quarterly date.  She chose Brick Oven and Fat Cats to use some coupons she got from school. She's so delightful when she's one-on-one and we had a great time. I sure love this girl!!
 
 When we got home the kids helped me plant the flower beds we recently combined.  I was happy with how it all turned out!
 I also couldn't resist snapping a picture of this cute boy.  Man I love him!!!
 Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was great!! I was absolutely spoiled rotten. Breakfast in bed, lots of notes and cards, and a delicious dinner with my parents later. It was a great day!

No comments: