Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Death Cab

We had such a fabulous Memorial Day! We went down to Wales on Sunday night and had a fabulous time getting away. Here's a few pics we took right after getting there.

On Monday everyone came down and we did the annual spring cleaning of the Wales House. It felt great to work hard and get so much done. The kids were a big help by watching lots of movies and keeping each other entertained.
After Wales we headed up to Salt Lake to visit my grandma and grandpa Nicholl's graves. We took a picture of Lilly by my grandma Lilly's grave who she was named after.After that we dropped the kids of with Jeffy and Lexi (thanks again guys (and J, Lu, and Emma)!) went and grabbed some dinner and then headed to Thanksgiving Point for the Death Cab for Cutie concert. It was such a great time. Teagan and Sara were the openers and they were pretty good too. The gates were supposed to open at 5 and so we got there just after 5. When we got there we were greeted by the longest line of our lives!The gates were just in front of the building you can see in the very back. The line wrapped all the way to the right around the parking lot. We were lucky to find some friends from our ward so we hopped in line with them. The gates didn't open until after 7 and so we had a fabulous time waiting...not! Good thing Death Cab made it worth the wait. It was my first official "concert" experience (aside from Peter B. and seeing the Dixie Chicks at the Delta Center) and it was quite the experience. I think I saw it all - way more than I wanted to see - especially when it came to a group of girls that were a little more than just some girls hanging out. Yikes! Here we are living it up without our kids.Here's a pic of the band.Here's a short clip of one of their most famous songs "I Will Follow You Into the Dark".

3 comments:

The Favorite said...

SO cool! Still have no clue who they are, but that's O.K. I'm fine with it. The pics of the kids are great as always and I'm glad you had such a fun Wales weekend and concert!
Oh, and Lilly at the cemetary was so super sweet.

Nancy said...

I totally miss those summer concerts and chilling on the blanket while watching an outdoor performance of some sort.

Melissa said...

Those are the cutest shots of the girls and you guys- as always. What a sweet family! And I'm glad you really did have a good memorial day visiting their graves, I wish I could have done that. Sorry about the long waits and the crazy lesbians but I'm glad you had a great concert experience. The weirdest I had was when we saw U2 in Pheonix and there were people smoking marajuana right in front of us, not to mention all the crazy beer drinking people around us swaying to the music. Yikes- but U2 was worth it!!