Monday, May 12, 2008

Mary Mary Quite Contrary....

We have had so much fun in our yard lately! We planted our garden for FHE last week (look close and see if you can count the 19 tomato plants and 18 pepper plants - we love salsa!) and have enjoyed spending time with the kiddos out there. This is one of two beautiful hanging baskets I got for Mother's Day. You can see them hanging at the end of our garden in the first picture.These are the cute tags I made to mark our garden.

We also got our fence put in! We're so excited about it!
There's now a gate attached to this part that hides our car.
Here's another small glimpse of our fence with a fun rose bush we planted!

We also got Sophia a swing that hangs from the tree and she loves it so much! She occasionally lets Lilly take a turn in it but it's usually just her turn.
Here's a couple of the cute Willers herself.
Here's some other fun things we've been up to lately.
Here's Rosie the Riveter getting ready to do some deep scrubbin' before church. Unfortunately she wouldn't wear the cute bandana hat thing (what are those called?) to church.

Here's a cake that I made for my mom and niece Emma's birthdays. It was way fun to make and I thought it turned out okay. Thank you Family Fun Magazine!

Here's a bonus picture of some beautiful blossoms:
P.S. As a little (long) side note, we had quite the Mother's Day this year. I have been under the weather for the past 2 weeks and it was driving me crazy - literally. Anyway, it all started a few weeks ago when I felt really dizzy. I was pretty lightheaded for awhile after that. My MD said I had a virus but my brother who is an MD (who's opinion I trust more) thought I had an inner ear infection called vestibular tenitis. One of the symptoms that you can get from this is anxiety because of all the mixed signals the brain is getting because of the infection. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is what I had. About 1/2 hour before church Sophia fell asleep so we were pretty sure we weren't going to make it and then I totally flipped out and made Doug take me into the instacare. The MD there was pretty sure that I was having some anxiety from the sickness so he gave me some crazy pills to help me sleep. I was so tired because I couldn't sleep because every time I would close my eyes I would convince myself something was seriously wrong with me and I couldn't sleep. It's amazing the way our minds work and the things our brain can do to us. Anyway, after getting some rest and a great nights sleep last night (the first in many weeks), I am feeling so much better (I don't know if it's because I'm getting over this or because of the meds) and finally starting to normal (or whatever "normal" I know). I also just got a call telling me that all my blood tests were normal and that my mono test showed that I had it in the past but don't currently have it - whatever that measn! Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts, concerns and prayers. Lets all hope that I have a better Mother's Day next year - not that my family wasn't fabulous to me with breakfast in bed, beautiful flowers, and a picture of a lion from Sophs, I just wasn't quite myself. I also hope to be 100% by the end of this week so that we can go on the retreat with Doug's work to the Zermatt in Midway. I'm way excited and could definitely use the R&R!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the yard and happy mothers day! I'm sorry you have been sick! ear infections are the worst! I had two this year, popped bothmy ear drums and lost my hearing for two weeks! Hope you are fully recovered soon!

Melissa said...

Glad to know that you are ok- and that your past-mono-days are over- yikes! Great great yard and fence- they look fabulous! I love Sophie's dress too. I want to get a swing like that for the Jake too- And I'm glad you liked Bella.

ottspot said...

Glad you are feeling better Jo! Can you think of a time when you felt really tired for weeks on end...maybe that's when you had mono...or maybe that describes any time period since Sophs was born! :-) I love that dress she is wearing. So cute! Someday maybe we'll have a girl.

The Favorite said...

She really is a blue eyed girl! I also LOVE Sophs in that dress. The fence looks great as does the garden and that cake is too fun!

selway2005 said...

Hi Beautiful,

It's always a treat to look at your pictures and read what you've been up to. So, I could not find the website to sign up for the race you mentioned, but I am currently training for a triathlon and I am EXHAUSTED! Sorry to hear you've been so sick an crazy lately!