Friday, August 8, 2008

And the winner is...

Doug's mom actually. She's the only one that guessed a tomato. Everyone else had some great guesses though. She wins a jar of salsa but she's going to have to wait until she comes home next summer to get it.

We've had loads and loads of fun with cousins here this week. We've done so much and we truly have loved having them here so get ready for some picture overload! On Sunday we went to my mom's for some yummy food and to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday. Here's the cake I made for her. Thank you Family Fun! (the link of the right for fun cakes and cupcakes has the recipe). I dressed the girls in their matching dresses that they just got (thank you Old Navy stock up sale!) . They looked so cute.My sister also had her boys in matchy outfits so we had to take a picture of the cute cousins in their matchies.The kids all had a blast feeding my mom's neighbor's goats and could not get enough. It was so fun. This was also the first time in a long time that we had so many cousins together (there were 9 of the 17 there) so we had to take another picture to document the momentous occasion. We'll see if we can't get all of us together some day. Maybe for an upcoming wedding? hee hee.On Monday we met for lunch at Max and Cheese and it was fabulous! The kids all had a great time playing with Grandpa and all the toys and Sophia greatly enjoyed her cheesy pasta. See my post a few posts back for more about this awesome place!
I also got Lilly's hair in it's first pony on this day. It's pretty small but pretty cute (you can barely see it poking up behind the bow)! Poor kid had to come to a mom that has too much fun playing with hair!After that a few of us headed up to Park City and had a great time. The Alpine Coaster is awesome! Sophia rode it with me and had a great time. I also got a shot of Jeffy and cute Lexie enjoying Lillers.Tuesday we went to Thanksgiving Point for 2 buck Tuesday. Unfortunately all of Utah County had the same idea. We ended up ditching the dinosaur museum (the line was wrapped around the building) and went to farm country instead. 2 of Doug's sisters met us there as well so we all had a fabulous time riding the horses and seeing all the animals. Here's a few of Bubs and Josh on the horses.This ones for Liza. Thanks again for all the clothes! We love em!The next day we had the Chipman's (our wonderful friends for the Provo Peak 1st) over for dinner. She had acute baby girl a few weeks ago and it was so fun to see them again. Sophia and Emma had a great time playing together.
Finally, last night we got together with the cousins on Doug's side to celebrate birthdays. Andrew and Carson turned 1 recently - my how the time flies! - and we also celebrated Sophia's birthday. It was fun to do this cake for her (thanks again Family Fun) and thanks for all the gifts everyone! After I finished the cake Sophia saw it and said, "I don't like dogs. I love cats!" Sorry Charlie. This is all you're getting.

9 comments:

ottspot said...

Jo! maybe it is just my computer but I can't read your lovely blog...the whole thing is covered in "photobucket exceeded bankwidth" logos and you can only see the pictures and I found the word "comment" so I could leave this comment. Am I the only one having this problem?

One Fish said...

Jo there is definitely a problem with your blog. I can't read anything either.

JoandDoug said...

Weirding. I can read it just fine.

The Favorite said...

Sophie is such a cutie!
That's fun to see all the cousins, but sad that we're not there too. Max and Cheese looks like happin' times and I'm glad I got to see a picture of Mexi Lexi.

ottspot said...

Hmm...I couldn't see it for the last 2 days and now I can! Cute cakes Jo!

Annette said...

Hi Joanna! I figure that since we're in the same book club it'd be okay to peek at your blog and see what else you're up to besides reading. Hope you don't mind that I got the link off Nancy's blog. Your girls are darling!

Emily said...

A tomato! I should have known. Cute cakes!

Lauren said...

Very cute cakes, and such fun adventures with your family. We were just up there to go camping with Mike's family and I forgot about the Max & Cheese place! We have to try that sometime!!! Your girls are just too cute.

Melissa said...

Cute post! I love all the pictures- especially my fat one! Cute! Oh and I LOVE LOVE that SUPER smiley on of Lillers. SO cute!! We sure had fun with you all. Sorry thanksgiving was a bust again!