Thursday, November 13, 2008

Projects!

Okay, so as usual, I've taken on way too much and this Christmas is no exception. I've been working on many projects and have finally got a few of them completed (most of the way). The first is family stockings. I've always wanted family stockings and thanks to Martha, Erin, and felt, I found these cute patters and have decided to make them. So far I only have Sophia and Doug's completed. I thought they turned out pretty cute. The pinecones were a pain to make and Martha's website definitely does not provide good or clear instructions.
I also decided this year to make Sophia a quiet book. Don't ask me why. It took way longer than I thought and it was a total pain. Some of the pages turned out okay and I think she'll like it. When all was said and done though, I should have just forked out the $30 bucks and bought the cute one I saw at Quilted Bear. Lissa, I know you said you wanted one for Josh but it really was more of a pain than I thought and Liza said she has a bunch she's willing to send you.

Finally, here's what I did with the Christmas vinyl I got from that warehouse sale. The board turned out a little darker than I'd expected and so I had to outline the smaller words. I think it still turned out okay.

7 comments:

ottspot said...

Um that is ALL darling! Good job Jo! I have no idea how you get so much stuff done.

Jennifer Lyn said...

You are so awesome! I love the quiet book! Good luck with the rest of your projects.

Lauren said...

You are so crafty. I love quiet books. I have the best memories of the one my mom made us when we were little. Come to think of it, wonder where that went? They do seem like a lot of work.

Melissa said...

love love the Christmas sign and way to go with the stockings!! I keep trying to convince myself to make the kind we grew up with, but I haven't made it that far yet. I love the quite book- you don't have to make me one! Really! Don't worry about it- it does look like a lot of work, but it sure looks cute!

ZAC said...

I just can't stop being impressed by that creative things my friends make. WOW. I'm a major stick in the mud....

The Favorite said...

The vinal looks good and so does that quiet book. Ya there is no way I'd ever make one of those. Glad you got the package!

Emily said...

Cute! I am so impressed with those that make their own decorations, I buy mine always. You can be so proud of them if you make them though!