Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Traffic School Online?

So our car recently decided that it was a waste of time to keep track of how fast we go and it's also stopped recording our mileage. Apparently once you get above 180,000 it just stops counting. Anyway, we do love our car and want to treat it well so we decided to look into getting it fixed. It was going to cost about $200 which is not much but we recently put that much into it fixing something else so we decided to just let it go and have it stay at 20 MPH regardless of the actual speed we're going. Anyway, we knew this would catch up to us eventually and sure enough, it caught me going 43 last week in a residential zone. The nice officer only wrote me for 9 over even when I explained that according to my speedometer I was only going 20 MPH. Too bad he didn't by that one. Anyway, he gave me the option to go to traffic school and I just learned that it's online. Isn't that convinient? Not really. It's still 3 hours long and they have a timer that keeps track of your time so you have to use up the whole 3 hours. I've currently completed only 11 min and 16 sec while writing this blog. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

tcbcw said...

That's too bad about your car and the ticket. My question is, can you really count blogging time towards traffic school? How about watching Hulu? Isn't technology great! ;-)

Melissa said...

Wow- that is weird- sorry about the ticket and sorry you couldn't talk the cop out of it. Isn't this your first one since you've gotten out of the past like TEN or something!!!

ZAC said...

HAHAHAHAA!!! SO funny. that is major convenience!!

Nancy said...

The timer must be new. I did traffic school online in 30 minutes here in Ut in 2006!