Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lissa it's your Birthday!

My awesome sis Melis is celebrating her birthday today and so this one's for her! She always does these posts for others on their special day so now it's her turn. Here's 10 things I love about Melissa:


1. She was the middle sister (in a group of 3 sisters that came in a row) and put up with a lot from both sides. As far as I can tell, she loves both her sisters equally and I'm so grateful for the relationship I have with her. She was definitely always the peacemaker and rarely took sides. She also took a lot of pictures with me when we were younger. Some were definitely better that others. This picture was post wisdom teeth for me and post dentist visit for her. What possessed us to ever take this picture? I think I took it for a certain missionary...good thing he still married me!
Shake those maraccas sista! I love the hot pink knee highs too. I'm pretty sure she taught me everything I know about fashion and color coordinating. 2. She is very brave. I don't know too many other people that would sit that close to a real tiger! She was always brave when I needed her to be and would comfort me when I was scared. I remember thinking that I was going to be homesick when I went to girls camp but I felt better knowing that she would be there with me.
3. She won the science fair with me in Lower School. We sure had some great bonding moments with those mice. (Love the Simpson's T-shirt by the way).
4. She's very creative and always sends the cutest homemade cards. I love having a birthday or celebrating a holiday because I know it will include a note from her.

5. She followed in her dad's footsteps and has a degree in Psychology. She's currently working toward a Master's Degree in Family Financial Planning (I think). She is such a good example to me of being an incredible student. I'm so proud of her for pursuing further education. Spending all that time in an attractive uniform paid off!
6. She met her cute husband Brandon at the good ole BYU Bookstore in the candy department. It was fun when they got caught (more than once) catching a smooch in the TZ cooler. One of her first dates with Brandon and my first date with Doug was to a Bookstore event. Thanks for the hook ups Bookstore. (I need a picture of that by the way sis.)
7. She is a tremendous mother to her 2 cutest boys! I know that I will never be the mom that she is. Thanks for your example on that one! Thanks for all your advice and for swapping mom stories with me too.
8. She's an amazing young woman leader and choir director. She has always done an incredible job in whatever calling she's held and I know her current callings are no exception. I love hearing about her latest YW events and all the work she puts into everything. I'm sure her Young Women (and ward choir) would echo my sentiments here.

9. She lives in the coolest city in the US (next to P-town of course) - Stillwater, OK. We had such a fun time visiting her on our crazy Summer 07 trip and everything was definitely OK. It was fun to learn that Stillwater is home to many greats (Sonic, Garth Brooks, Eskomo Joes', OSU Cowboys, etc.). Here's her cute family before they moved there. That sweet boy in her arms will soon be 6 years old! I can't believe she's lived there that long.
10. I love how much she likes to have fun! She loves playing games, watching movies, reading books, making crafts, and always has a fabulous time doing it. I love hearing about the latest book she read or movie she saw. I only wish she lived closer so that I could enjoy these fun things with her. Here she is enjoying one of her fun toys many Christmases ago. I love the multicolored nails. Way to go with that one!


Happy Birthday sis! I hope it's great cause you deserve it!

4 comments:

The Favorite said...

Cute pictures! Man I wish I had a scanner. I love the top ten for Lissa, but I'm still the best right? hee hee, she can be today I guess. Great job!

Melissa said...

AHHHHH!!! You are too sweet and too kind! Thanks for doing this for me- it means the world to me! You are the greatest! I love your collection of pictures- wow I forgot about most of them. I will have to send you a picture of our first date- so cute. I love it. Thanks for being so sweet and for making my birthday the best! I love you!!

Jennifer Lyn said...

I can see where Sophie comes from in your younger pics JoAnna. So cute!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Im glad I found your blog!