Monday, May 4, 2009

Bonus Trip

After we got back from Vegas I went to one day of Women's Conference. Of course it was fabulous and I hope I can go again next year. That night we headed out to go camping with Doug's brother and his family so that the boys could get one last shot at Turkey hunting. We all had a pretty good time. Lilly is not so much a fan of sleeping in the tent. It rained during the night but we had a little break until it started hailing while we were trying to roast some hot dogs for lunch. That was not so much fun. At least they were warm I guess.

I tried to get a picture of the hail. I'm not sure I did it justice.

The best part for the kids was that we camped right next to a river. The worst part for the adults was that we camped right next to a river. Right when we got there I informed Doug we would not be returning with both of our children. Luckily we did though. Here's a few of Lilly on her many attempts to get to that dang river.
The river? Me? No, I'm not headed there.
Here's a bonus for this post. Oh, what do you do on a Sunday afternoon, when you have church at nine? My sweet husband makes crowns and magic wands for his princess daughter. I thought he did a great job. He's definitely much better at that stuff than I am!

5 comments:

ottspot said...

Jo, you are a much better person than I because what you call "fun" I call "miserable." When I heard the rain on our roof all night all I could think was "pooooor Jo." Hope you got some relaxing in between the rain and keeping kids out of the river!

Amy said...

Oh wow, you guys are troopers to go camping in the rain and cold. I also went to a day of Womens Conference on Thursday - it was so nice to "get away" for a day!

I heard you watched two cute girls today- how nice of you! :)

Melissa said...

What a great trip- despite the weather. It looks like you guys had fun. What a great husband! Those are amazing. Good thing we don't have any girls, because Brandon could never do that :)

Alice-Anne said...

you're brave...we don't even think about camping until June or July! Glad you have had some fun adventures! Your girls are so big!

Nancy said...

You guys always have so much fun! Im totally jealous of a camping trip right now. Its been years since weve gone and we just keep buying camping stuff for whenever. I want to be able to use it. We should all have a trip in Sept somewhere fun.