Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pretties, Pokies, Paiting and Princesses

Here's a few of what our girls have been up too. Sophia spent a little time last Saturday attaching every bow and flower she owns to her hed. She thought she was beautiful. Doug and I thought she looked ready to take up synchronized swimming.

Friday night we went with Doug and a few of his co-workers for a dinner and a campout (although we didn't camp because I did the Running with Angels 5K with my sis-in-law Jenna the next day and it was awesome!). Lilly discovered a prickly pear bush on the property and I didn't know it until she came walking up to me with a prickly pear attached to her pants. I picked her up and discovered the little buggers all over her arm and leg! She didn't just have a bunch of big pokies, she had tons of tiny little hair like ones too. She wasn't crying but she definitely winced when I pulled them out. Apparently I didnt' get them all because the next day her arm looked like this. It looks much better now and I think she's starting to heal.

The other day we were having a mom needs a moment moment in our house and so I sent the kids out to paint the sidewalk. I am in love with crayola washable paints. They were out there for about an hour (which was about enough for me to clean the house and keep it clean for more than 10 minutes!). Sophia was so excited to show me her creation when she was finished.
They both totally got covered but it was worth it to me! Thank goodness it was washable!
Finally, we bid a sad farewell to some of our favorite friends from our Provo Ward. They are headed to CA to work for one of the Big 4 and are taking a few months break in Idaho until they move on. We were sad to see them go but are happy they're still close and hope they come to visit! They had a fun time playing dress ups before they had to leave. What beautiful princesses. Thanks again for the dresses Liza!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ouch! Poor Lilly! That is too bad! Sheesh- I didn't know they would be so bad. I LOVE sophie's cute head- she does look like a synchronized swimmer, and maybe she can start a new trend in primary. Way to do the run- that is awesome. I'm so proud! Great paints too- I'll have to check them out.

Nancy said...

Camping sure can be dangerous! Way to go participate in the races this year. I need to get my motivation up before I can do something like that. The paint looks fun too!