Thursday, May 27, 2010

C'est fini!

Here's the post again with the picutres bigger. Hopefull you can click on them now if you so desire.

Here's the girls enjoying their new room:
Just kidding. Here's what their real room looks like: This was the first time I've ever bound a quilt by myself. I think it turned out okay.I think the quilts help bring the room together. Some decor. Sorry about the giant glare on the poster - you get the idea though.

I got the shelf and frame from DI and the dolls off e-bay. I already had the postcard. I think it turned out pretty good.
The girls love these dolls but have been good about them staying on the shelf.
Don't look too close. Not quite what I was going for but it works.
Here's the pillows for their beds. Again, don't look too close. The shoe one turned out better than I thought it would. I like how they match the quilts too. Doug deserves full credit for this table. We already had this table and chair set from IKEA but it was getting gross and covered in paint. We painted it white and then painted the top of the table red. We already had the puzzle so we put it on the table and then dumped that tile board resin stuff (mixed with glitter) over it and the rest of the table top. It turned out pretty good. The red reminds me of the floor in the Disney store. I made little blue gingham cushions to go on the chairs. I think this part turned out pretty cute. More decor. Again, sorry for the glare. The tin poster says "Click your Heels". Again the shelf and shoes are from DI. Love what you can find there!
New desk/art center. The desk drawer is full of markers/colored pencils/crayons/pens/etc. The other drawers have paper/stamps/sticker/etc. It's so nice having everything in one place and contained! Sophia loves it and has created many masterpieces there already.
The best part is they are doing a great job sleeping down there! I was nervous about getting Lilly out of the crib but we haven't had a single problem (yet). She gets out occasionally but overall she loves her new bed. It's been really nice and I'm glad we moved them well before this baby comes.

All we have left to do is get stuff up on the nursery walls and plant the garden. Then we'll do a lot of sitting around waiting for the baby. I can't wait! This is the first time one of our babies hasn't had to share a room with someone or something. Sophia shared with a computer and Lilly shared with Sophia. I think I'm really going to like having nothing but the baby in that room. We've got our chaise in there for me to sit and feed the baby ((sleep on) the first few weeks - it's actually really comfortable). As soon as we get some decor in that room I'll post some pictures. For now I'm loving the open space!

15 comments:

The Favorite said...

Love it!
But I'm sad that I can't click on the pics to make them bigger. It looks even better in person :)

Lauren said...

WOW Jo, you've outdone yourself. It is absolutely incredible. I love the quilts, pillows, dolls, shoes, table... everything! I will have to make a crafty spot for Maddie too--what a great idea. I can't wait to see it in person.

One Fish said...

You need to make the pictures bigger so I can see the details. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So adorable.

ottspot said...

Good job Jo! Love the resin covered table. You guys are clever!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness Joanna, I love it! You are amazing. I bet your girls love it also. I love the pillows & quilts. I want to see it in person sometime. :)

Mylissa 2 said...

So adorable! Good job.

Stacy Risenmay said...

So Stinkin' CUTE!!!! I love it.

I am starting a birthday party blog. I am going to be making tons of birthday cakes so I can take pictures of them. If you need one soon let me know and its your for free. I will be making 20+ cakes so I need to find them homes :)

stu said...

Wow, nice work Jo! Very impressive. Glad to hear the girls appreciate it by using it well too.

Nancy said...

Super cute! I'm sure your girls love it! You did a great job with all the accessories. Your quilts are pillows look awesome. It will be nice to have the baby in it's own room. Time is marching on!

Miki said...

Darling! So creative!

Amy said...

Wow Joanna! Nice Work! Did you make both of those quilts too?! You have been busy! :)

Leda Johnson said...

Wow! Everything turned out so cute! And the table looks great! I might have to steal that resin idea someday! Can't wait to see it in person (oh and the baby too! ;)

Ricki said...

That is such an adorable theme room! Nice job. I would have loved a room like that as a little girl.

Jenn said...

What a creative idea for a bedroom. I love all the little details. Especially the sparkly table . . . and the cute pillow that looks like Dorothy's dress. So fun!

Bob Ullery said...

My favorite part is Doug's old lion bank. If anyone could find a way to work it into a room it would be you. Want to come decorate my house next?