Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May Flowers!

Just wanted to share some of the latest flowers that have come to our home.  This bouquet arrived on my doorstep on Sunday morning (or may be Sat night).  It just so happened to be the same day Doug was being sustained into the bishopric and these are from the new Bishop's wife.  Isn't she sweet?!  I couldn't believe it.  I think this is going to be a good bishopric already!
I spent about 5 hours in my yard yesterday planting, fixing sprinklers, mowing, weeding, etc. Needless to say I was tired at the end of the day!   It is fun to see the fruit of my labors though and I'm excited to see how this fills out during the summer (I hope).
I also planed my first potted arrangement.  I think it turned out ok.  I'm kind of wishing that I had bought the purple grassy stuff.  Oh well.  There's always next year.  I'm excited to see how these fill out too.  The trailing stuff in the front is Fuchsia.  The picture looked really pretty and I'm hoping that I get the same result!
Finally, we've also had some tigers in our house!  This is for her dance recital next month but she got the costume yesterday and wouldn't take it off all day!

No comments: