Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day and Funny Things

Here's Sophia looking so excited on the first day of school.  When I went to take this picture I noticed my camera battery was dead!  Thank goodness for cell phone cameras (except for they make for crappy pictures).
 2nd Grade!
Here she is with her new teacher Mrs. Garner.  She's really excited about this new year and her teacher is awesome.  It's a new school so we're both a little nervous but I think it will be great.  When we went to meet the teacher last night we found out she commutes about 30 minutes to come here.  I praised her for making the drive but she said that it's so worth it because she loves the school so much and wouldn't give it up.  We also took a bag of stuff for the classroom and when I went to take Sophia today her teacher gave me a thank you not thanking us for the supplies  How awesome is that?!  Also last night we saw the principal (who we'd met last week when I registered her and who I think is really impressive) he made Sophia promise to come and find him in the morning so that he could walk her to class.  I thought that was awesome that he offered to do that.  I'm a little excited about this school if you can't tell.  I can't wait to hear how her first day went.
Now for the random funny pictures.  The girls got really excited about making a beautiful floral arrangement on our table with flowers from our front yard.  I think they did a beautiful job.
Here's one of Lilly from last week.  She came up to me and said "Mom. How do you think it would feel to wear a headband with this many bows on it?"  I told her I wasn't sure so she told me she'd try it on and tell me how it felt.  Love her.
We've also started to do plenty of this.  The canning season has arrived.  So far we've done spaghetti sauce, beans, raspberry pie filling, salsa and plum jam.  Thanks to both sets of parents for the fruit too!


No comments: