Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More Cousin Fun Part 1

We've been having some more cousin fun around here! 

But first here's a random shot of our pumpkins.  They are going crazy! This is only about 2 hills too.  The poor flowers in my hanging baskets have totally died because I can't reach them to water them!
We also rearranged our house a little and moved our couches that were in the basement upstairs.  They are way more comfortable which the girls immediately discovered.
A few Saturday's ago we went with some Wilkins cousins to hike to the Grotto.  Everyone had to have their own hat and it was a little hard to find one for each of them (hence Doug's cub scout hat from when he was little).  Whataver works right?
 The girls at the grotto.
 Doug was a trooper and carried this one on his back.
 The girls loved playing in the water and got a tad bit dirty. 
 Last Sunday we decided to have a Mabel jammy night where everyone wore Mabel's jammies. Sophia was so embarassed about how "unmodest" she looked and kept saying "I just look like Jasmine!"
Here's a few more random garden shots.  We've loved what we've been harvesting so far and Mabel has been the best helper!
We grew these super chilies this year and they are so tiny and so hot!  I think this one wins for the world's smallest pepper but it sure packed some heat (at least that's what Doug said.  I wouldn't go anywhere near it).
Here's another random shot of Sophia.  She found an old picture of her where she had curly hair so she wanted to recreate the image.
Last weekend we hiked to the Grotto again with our New York cousins.  It was really fun.  We decided to let Mabel walk this time and it ended up taking a lot longer because there was a lot of this.  A girl can never have too many rocks I guess.
More playing in the water.  My sister kept talking about what a fun place it was because what kid doesn't love playing in rocks and water?
 Here's my cute sister with her cute James.
After our fun Grotto hike my sister and I went to pick up our plates for the salmon supper.  Waiting in line for 50 minutes was totally worth it.  I don't know how they do it but the salmon is so yummy!

Another day while they were we went to Salem pond.  I was not so much prepared and did not bring suits for my girls.  Luckily my sister had a spare one for one of her boys.  I think it's funny how Lilly could totally pass for a boy.
They loved playing in the sand.  Sophia was a good sport by swimming in her dress.
 Uncle Brad  was a good sport and took Mabel out (in her diaper).
 Two cuties!


1 comment:

Leda Johnson said...

Wow, I think this is the first time I have ever seen lily in pants! :)