Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lovin us some Fall around here.

We are so excited that fall has arrived.  We're loving the cooler temperatures and the yummy treats fall brings like caramel apples!  We made these for FHE this week and the girls enjoyed them.
 Mabel preferred to lick hers.
Sophia and Lilly dove right in though!
Last night we had a super fun RS Fall Social.  It was a country fair and it turned out so cute.  My friend who was in charge did an amazing job.  There were super cute things set up like a canned goods display and a weird/large produce contest.  There was also a produce swap which was a huge hit.  We also did a pie toss and people got to through pies at the bishopric.  Unfortunately Doug had to work late (thank you extension deadline!) and so he missed out.  I'm pretty sure he was sad about not having a pie thrown at his face though. 
Here's a cute random picture of Mabel.  She plopped herself in front of the pantry with a snack and had fun watching dad on the computer.  I love her.
This week also brought the start of preschool for this little one!  She absolutely loves it and has had so much fun!
 Here's some of the cute stuff she came home with on the first day.
Today when I went to pick her up her teacher said that while they were eating some marshmallows she said, "oh! These are so yummy!  I just hope I'm not dreaming!"  she then went on to tell her teacher that Sophia always says that when she's really excited about something.  She cracks me up!


3 comments:

The Favorite said...

My friend gave me the best idea for caramel apples (from pintrest) you cut the apples in 1 inch thick slices and them dip that in the caramel so it's like a lolipop!
I LOVE your fall festival :)

Melissa said...

I love it!! Love all the pics and fun ideas. That Mable is so cute- that picture really looks like Doug. What the heck is Liza talking about- a caramal apple already looks like a lollipop :)

The Favorite said...

No- so it's flat on both sides and like 1/2- 1 inch thick and them you stick the stick in and dip in in caramel and you don't have to eat a huge ball, Ahh- just come over and we'll make some.