Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Random Stuff and St. Louis

The last week of October was spirit week at Sophia's school.  Here she is on crazy hair day.
A few weekends ago we had some really nice weather so we took advantage of it and went to the Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. The girls had fun riding the ponies

And this little one liked riding the tractor.  I don't know why I love this picture so much.  I think she looks so cute!
A few weeks ago Doug had some training in St. Louis and I was lucky enough to go with him (without the kids!).  I was able to do some fun things while he was in training like visiting the temple
and the arch.
Here's the view from the top on one side (man the ride up was a little rickety and scary!)
and the view from the other side
and what you saw if you looked straight down.  It was crazy.  I love how you can see the shadow of the arch in this one (it's the big gray line down the left side of the photo).
On the day we were supposed to leave they overbooked our flight from Denver to Salt Lake so they were offering travel vouchers to people who were willing to get bumped.  The flight wasn't getting into Salt Lake until 10:30 pm anyway and it was snowing so we opted to get bumped.  My parents had my kids and they weren't planning on us getting them until Saturday morning anyway since we were getting in so late.  We ended up staying the night in Denver and getting some travel vouchers to boot!  We stayed at the craziest hotel called Aloft.  It was kind of retro meets modern.  I know I'm nerdy for taking this picture but I thought it was such a good idea to have these dispensers in the shower.  How smart is that?!
It was kind of retro meets modern and was a little funky.  We were kind of sad it was only for 1 night.
We got back to Salt Lake Saturday morning and were grateful that it wasn't midnight since we still had a bit of snow to drive through.  Here's one of the things I brought back for the kids.  It's these crazy little balls that expand when you put them in water.
 They got a kick out of them so I guess it was a good present to bring home.
 The Monday after we got home Sophia was in charge of the treat for FHE.  She came up with this delicious concoction of bread with butter, pourable yogurt and leftover Halloween goodies.  I have to admit I didn't try it (my pregnant stomach just couldn't take it) but Doug said it wasn't too bad.

Here's a few of the things my kids made while I was gone.  They crack me up.  We asked Sophia later if she was going to clean the living room and she said " oh no.  That was just a story I wrote".
 

No comments: