Saturday, June 22, 2013

Birthday Fun!

I celebrated a birthday this week and had a great time.  Doug and the girls spoiled me rotten.  I got chocolates and a blender (we really needed one!) form Doug and a bunch of awesome homemade gifts from the girls (and a orange nerf ball - from the our toy box - from "Lewis".  He's so thoughtful).  One of my favorites was this friendship necklace from Sophia. There's one for each of us.  Here's the front (sorry it's sideways)
 and the back.
Doug and I went to lunch at Olive Garden - so yum - and then we came home and watched Oz with the kids. My nice friend (and VT) brought me these awesome pina colada cupcakes.  They were delicious!  Thanks again Kriste!
The next day we went to my friend Lauren's house for a playdate and b-day get together with our other friend Erin.  We all have June birthdays and love an excuse to get together!  We all had babies within a month of each other.  They're so cute!
Here they are in birth order. Cute Jacob (on the right) is the oldest and was born a month before Lewis.  Sweet Hazel was born 2 weeks later and then little Lewis came along 2 weeks after that.
We were cracking up at how none of them had control over their arms and kept getting them all tangled up or they'd keep hitting each other in the face.  It was pretty funny.
We had such a fun time and our kids all played great together.  They spent a good few hours destroying Lauren's basement (sorry again Lauren!) while us moms chatted.  When it came time to clean up and go Mabel was nowhere to be found (surprise, surprise).  The kids said she hadn't been playing with them down there and I knew since it'd been awhile since I'd heard from her she was most likely sleeping somewhere.  We looked around for her and sure enough, she was upstairs sound asleep.  It totally cracked me up how she rounded up some friends and got herself a blanket and everything.  This poor middle child sure knows how to take care of herself.  She cracks me up!
Here's all of our kids together. 12 in all!  Totally crazy!  We joked about hanging this picture up in the dorms to warn the students there of where they could be in 13 years!
Here's the 3 birthday girls (and new mommies!).  Thanks for the fun day Lauren and Erin!

No comments: