Saturday, February 8, 2014

Latest Mabels (and a few other things)

A few weeks ago for Family Home Evening we played the flour game (where you put a coin on a cup of flour and cut the flour away to see how makes the coin fall off) and Mabel was surprisingly good at it!
This girl pretty much wants her picture taken whenever the camera is out.  Never a dull moment.
 Here's one of the pictures I referred to in the last post about her taking pictures of her socks while I exercise.
 She has been LOVING preschool lately and talks about it non stop.  We often play preschool at home and she's always the "beshel fend" (special friend).  I love hearing her sing all the songs she's learning and talking about her favorite teacher Miss Jill.  I also love hearing her tell Lewis to be quite when we play because "loud voices at ghool (school) is poyah (poor) mannehs (manners)."  She's also informed me that putting your hand over your mouth and raising your hand when you have words to say is good manners.  The other day she came home with some story puppets.  This one is Little Neighborhood (AKA Little Red Riding Hood).
 She caught a little cold a few days ago and spent most of the day sleeping yesterday.  Poor little lamb.
These next few shots really have nothing to do with Mabel but I wanted to include them somewhere!  I discovered this yogurt at our local Smith's and I'm hooked!
This might not look like the best picture but the other night for dinner I made this cream of spinach soup.  I didn't think my girls would go near it but Mabel and Sophia actually had 2 bowls!  It made my heart happy! (and it was made with skim milk and laughing cow cheese instead of cream cheese so it was even a little bit healthy-ish).
 A few weeks ago my cute nephew came home from his mission to Uruguay.  It was fun to welcome him home at the airport! 
 We love you Andy!  Thank you for serving!
I found this heart in some treats we got the other day.  Nothing says love quite like "Dewy Eye".
 Also I know this is a weird picture but Doug and I couldn't resist these cards. And yes I get weird looks every time I use it.
A few weeks ago the time came to say goodbye to Black Magic.  Doug has been driving it for 11 years and it had over 300,000 miles on it.  It was a good car but needed a repair that we couldn't justify getting.  It was a sad day.
 
We were able to bring home this little guy instead though.  His name is Silver Magic.  I don't actually have a picture of it at our house because it's never there (thank you tax season!) so I borrowed this one from the dealer site.

No comments: