Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas!

 The kids were so excited that this day finally came!! We got them up way too early and read scriptures and then made them take a picture on the stairs before letting them see if the big guy had come.
And he did!! 
 This year I had a temporary moment of insanity and made all the kids nap mats.  I think they were pleased with how they turned out!
After opening a few presents the kids went to check out their stockings.
 The aftermath!! It was so fun to have our first Christmas in this house! In our last house Christmas always gave me anxiety because of the mess in our tiny little house.  This year it didn't bug me as much.  It was nice to have space!
We also had plenty of this stuff on Christmas morning!! It made for some excitement getting from place to place!
 Doug spoiled me this year.  He gave me a set of Golden Book Encyclopedias
 and replaced my diamond!! I was shocked and soooo happy!!
This little buddy got spoiled too!! After opening our own presents we stopped at my parents for a minute and then went to Doug's parents for a delicious breakfast, great company and more presents!
 Lewis for this awesome mask making kit from cousins. He loved it!
The day after Christmas was a Saturday and we spent the day doing absolutely nothing.  We slept in, laid around and played with toys.  It was kind of nice to have a down day after all the craziness.
 Lilly got this schoolhouse craft kit that she got to paint and decorate all herself.  I love how it turned out!!
 Mabel got a similar thing but it was a treasure box.
The girls also got these shirts for Christmas made with their own artwork!
 More proof that we did absolutely nothing after Christmas.  Are we lazy or what?! We've made up for it since then.
 Finally we felt loved this Christmas and were grateful for all the fun cards we received!

1 comment:

ottspot said...

Did you really wake up your kids on Christmas? That is hilarious. I tell mine they aren't allowed to make a peep before 8. Haha!