Thursday, January 7, 2016

Cousins and New Years!!

A few days before New Years Eve we met up with our Wilkins cousins at Thanksgiving Point.  Doug's sister was in town from Oregon so it was fun to have an excuse to get out and get together with them!
 I spy Gracie at the top of the marquee with a sign that says "Hello Cousins" (even if it's hard to see!).
 Lewis loved the building room and could have stayed there all day.  Along with the other little boy cousins.
 After that we met up with my side of the family at Brick Oven to see my brother and his family.  Sure love these cute girls!!
 The next day we headed down to Wales to meet up with the older cousins that were there for Gramp Camp.  Doug's parents had decorated it for Christmas and it was so fun!! I don't think I've seen the Wales house decorated for Christmas and I love it.  When the kids arrived there the night before for Gramp Camp his parents had also hung stockings by the fireplace for each one of them.  They're the best.
 My mother in law put these cute red ribbons on a lot of things in the house.  Even on a little brush in the bathroom.  I loved it!
We had such a great time down there and enjoyed a lot of time lounging around.  AKA eating peanut butter on Hershey bars straight out of the jar with dad.  Like father like son.
My mom sent the kids with some new years packets that included these awesome glasses.
 Lewis loungin with Grandpa.
I brought poppers, noise makers and party hats along which sounded like fun but with 16 kids it actually ended up just being quite loud.
 We waited until midnight on the East Coast (10 pm here) and then let of the poppers and some fireworks outside.  It was FREEZING cold there so we enjoyed the fireworks from inside.
The next day we had a blast with the sleds on the back of the 4 wheelers.  It was so fun.  Lewis wasn't a fan of the sled but loved riding the 4 wheelers and gators with cousins.
 Lewis with his favorite cousin Logan.
 We also spent a lot of time playing games.  Or having our dinosaurs play games.
 Overall it was a great trip and I'm so glad we went.  It was loud and crazy but so fun!!

A few days later we got a late Christmas present from cousins in Japan that included bath bombs and candy kits.  They're the best!! My kids were soooo excited!!
 And finally, I went to visit a friend for a minute today and Mabel stayed in the car since she has strep.  I left her my phone to play with while I was gone and stumbled upon this later...
 That same little stinker got in trouble for picking on Lewis today.  She made this note (and bracelet) to say sorry and it completely melted my heart.  Sure love that girl.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

Strep again?! You can't catch a break!