Monday, September 5, 2016

End of July/First of August Summer 2016

Man we had a crazy end of the summer!! It's been awhile since I've been on here.  Things are finally starting to settle down so I decided it was time to get caught up.  During the end of July we caught this cool guy (complete with Snow White shoes and a princess necklace and all) in our house.
 I also took the kids to the Lindon pool.  They then got to stay over with cousins who were in town and had a great night!
The next day Lewis and I met them all at the aquarium and had a great time. This was only the 2nd of 3 trips to the aquarium this summer...
 A few days later we got to go to Provo Beach Resort for cousin Elizabeth's birthday.  The kids had a great time.  It was a fun place and we were glad we got to celebrate with her!
 I also finished a Swiss quilt I made for Jeff and Lexie and was excited for them to come into town so I could give it to them!
 At the beginning of August we went to the Salmon supper with some of my family.  We had been talking it up to Melissa and Brandon about how great it was.  While we were in line it started to rain.  Like seriously pour.  It was nuts!! We got absolutely soaked.  We got our meals in boxes and hurried to the car and took it back to our house to eat.
 Later we met my parents, Dylan and Stu and Hiromi (and kids) who had just come into town, for some more salmon and playing.  We also watched the Opening Ceremony of the olympics!
 I was so excited to finally meet Keita!! He's soooooo sweet!!! Her seriously never made a peep and had the most calm demeanor.  Cutest kid ever!
 3 silly cousins.
 And 3 of the 4 cousins born in 2007.  Jake, Karen and Lilly.
The next day we headed up to Salt Lake for Sam's birthday party.  He had a reptile show and it was awesome!! The kids (and adults) all loved it!!
 The next day our air went out (for the 2nd time this summer) so we spent a little bit of time outside trying to cool off.
 The girls decided to build a shelter in case we had to move outside.
 I randomly caught these two playing school one day.  I love moments like this!!
 We were also lucky enough to have Doug's sister Jenna and her family come into town from Oregon.  Of course this was the only picture I got of their visit!! Cassandra fell in love with Mabel and the two of them had a lot of fun together.
 We had them over for dinner one night and Jenna brought these amazing cupcakes! They were so yummy!

No comments: