Thursday, August 9, 2007

Our New House











Well we have finally completed the home buying process. What a headache! It's not something we want to do again for a very long time. We closed yesterday without too many problems and picked up the keys today. We spent the evening down there doing a little bit of light cleaning and taking it all in. Here's what we took pictures of:
1. The kitchen (the stairs to go downstairs are to the left and the front living room is in front of the kitchen)
2. The upstairs bathroom
3. Our bedroom (well, mainly a good picture of the closet)
4. The view into the kitchen and front room from Sophia's room
5. The downstairs family room
6. The cool mirror in the downstairs bathroom (I love the brick but Doug's not so sure about it. The reflection in the mirror is the towel rack on the opposite wall. It looks a little weird I know)
7. One of the closets in one of the downstairs bedrooms
8. The cool soap holders in the bathtubs
9. A bonus picture of Sophia helping us paint the entertainment center (she was putting on the primer. It ended up being black)
10. And last but not least, a picture of what the house looks like
There are two bedrooms, a laundry room, and a utility room downstairs that I didn't take pictures of. We're looking forward to the move tomorrow and will be sure to post more when we're moved in!

P.S. I fixed the baby pictures in the previous post because apparently they had an accident. If you couldn't see them before, they should be there now.

6 comments:

James and Tiff said...

A dishwasher- I am soooooo jealous! It looks awesome! I am excited for you guys. Let us know if you need help with anything.

Lauren said...

Jo, it looks amazing!!! You are right, the inside is fixed up really nice. I love the doors and hardware and mirrors...I bet you will have a blast spreading out! Good luck and I can't wait to see it in person.

Lauren said...

P.S. Did I miss something? Is this a different house than the one you posted a picture of a few weeks ago with the red shutters?

Ricki said...

Hey Joanna! Congratulations on the house, it looks amazing! And Payson is a wonderful place to live, so I here--I taught at Payson Middle School before it became Mount Nebo Jr. High. I really loved the area when I was there. Eat at Dalton's for me!

The Favorite said...

So all Bruce said was "Blue." I am loving the kitchen and I love the cool mirrors. Are all of you sleeping upstairs, how's our guest room coming along? I can't wait to see it! (Don't worry- the snow will cover the yard up soon right?)

Melissa said...

I really love your house and I really love the brick too! (sorry doug!) It is way better than our house! I wish someone would come and refurbish everything. Have fun moving. But I'm not going to visit you anymore because of the Bakery being close- sorry