Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Sophia!

Well the day started off a little rough but definitely ended up a success! This morning we took Doug to work and then Sophia got to play with grandma and grandpa while I went to a check up with Dr. Watabe. Things are great and baby #2 is growing just fine. We then came home and made some cupcakes and cleaned the house for the big celebration.

After Sophia's nap we went to get Doug from work. I shook my purse before leaving to make sure my keys were in there. We got out to the car and realized that my purse was fooling me and that the keys were safely inside the locked house. Fortunately the spare had not made it out of the locked car yet. That's good planning for you. My pregnant brain had however remembered to bring the cell phone along so I called my mom and asked her (thank you mom! I don't know if I can ever move away from family!) to rescue Doug at work. She was so nice to pick him up and bring him home. In the mean time Sophia and I waited on the porch for Daddy to come home. Luckily the stroller was locked in the shed so we couldn't go for a walk either. The best part of it all was that Sophia, having just woken up from a nap (before which I had changed her diaper and not put her pants back on) had no shoes or pants on. It made me feel right at home in Payson. It was great! It only took about 45 minutes for Doug to make it home and so we had a good bonding moment on the front porch (thanks to Liza and Lissa for talking to me and helping me pass the time!)





Once we finally made it back inside we frosted the cupcakes and finished decorating the house for the party. We had a fabulous time and are so thankful for all the friends and family who came to wish her a happy birthday. You're all the greatest! Overall, I think the day was a success. She came out with some pretty good loot! Thanks everyone!


Happy Birthday Sophia from jmwilkins10 and Vimeo.

Here's a bonus picture for ya. Right after I posted this blog I discovered Sophia had been in my makeup. Doesn't she look beautiful with a little mascara on? Thank goodness it's waterproof! She has been walking around for the past 10 minutes repeating over and over again "not a toy, not a toy". Do you think she's finally getting the message that mommy's makeup is not a toy!



P.S. I just noticed that Sophia is not the only one with a birthday today. Apparently it's Blogger's eight birthday. I didn't know blogging had been around for that long. Huh!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! Henry loved the movie (and the happy birthday song didn't make him cry -- we're gearing up for his own big day in a few months here). He also thought the makeup made her look irresistable (he just keeps saying "eye"). What a gorgeous girl!

ottspot said...

Happy Birthday Sophia!!! We're so sad we missed your party. Bryce was in St. George for the night, but I was still going to brave it with both of the boys, but then Will started coughing this horrible-sounding barking cough and we didn't think you wanted that for a birthday present. I had already told Will that we would see Sophs after his nap though and he woke up saying "Go see Sophs!" over and over. He was one sad boy when I said that we'd see Sophs another time. He is already sounding better though so hopefully we will see you soon! PS: I locked Sawyer in the truck this morning while Bryce was still in St. George...luckily he made a spare spare without telling me that was still in the house.

Lauren said...

Yes, happy happy birthday Sophie dear! I love the white dress she is wearing, so cute! And the picture of her glaring while Doug is lighting the candles is funny. But you can't beat the marcara monster. :)

Melissa said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love her cute little bangs. It is hard to believe that she is already 2! Yikes, but soon baby number 2 will be here. Sophie will be a great big sis. Just like I am. hee hee. Thanks again for the yummy recipe

selway2005 said...

So cute! Well, sorry for all the commotion, Joanna...wait till you read our adventures in Canada. I had no such excuse as being pregnant and yet I forgot the most important things. No, I won't tell you now, you can check it out on our blog.
Ciao,
Anabelle