Saturday, March 15, 2008

Eggs and the Zoo!

We had a fun time tonight decorating eggs! It was all fun and games until Sophia dumped the entire cup of yellow all over herself, the table, and the floor. We were just grateful she didn't choose to knock over the cup with blue dye in it! Here we are in the egg making process...

Here's the finished product. We sure had a fun time incorporating rubber bands into the dyeing process.

Here's a few shots from the zoo the other day. We had such a fun time with there with Drezden! Happy Birthday to Drezden today!


How do we compare?

The gorilla color has changed a little (and it looks like kids have gotten smaller and gorillas have gotten bigger) but I thought it would be fun to see how we looked in the same spot at the Hogle Zoo. I'm not sure if my hair or my shoes are the best part of this picture.

The other day Sophia put this hat on and said, "Hey! I look like a giger! (tiger)" She sure hit that one right on the nose!

Last but not least, here's one of the Easter shots that I just got back. I thought it turned out pretty good!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I love that Easter photo!

ottspot said...

Cuuuuute Easter pic Jo! I think Sophs looks a lot like little Jo and Lilly definitely looks more like Doug.

Leslie said...

Ooh cute eggs with the rubberbands. I'd like to try.

Pauly said...

That is such a sweet easter picture. Sophia's hair is precious!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of using rubber bands before. i think I might definitely have to try that. Adorable easter pic!

Melissa said...

CUTEST easter picuture! how fun!! And I love the rubber bands- very inventive- did Bill Nye teach you that? And I LOVE the comparison shots of you and the sophs with the gorilla. What a cute idea. I'm still mad that I didn't get to go and meet Way Cool Carie and all the other DJ's but I can't remember why I didn't go.

Lauren said...

I love the new Easter pic. You're girls are just precious! Cute eggs too, and I especially love the shot of you and the gorilla. Maddie would love the zoo... too bad ours is pretty much a chicken coop. :)