Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Return of the umbrella lady

So for those of you who grew up in south Provo you may recognize this lady (although she's without her umbrella). I know for sure Lissa knows who I'm talking about. For those of you who didn't grow up in south Provo there is this lady that would walk around constantly in a big white coat with big sunglasses and an umbrella over her shoulder. No matter how hot or cold it was outside she always had all three of those items and we called her the "umbrella lady". Anyway, I was getting ready to go run a few errands yesterday and of course Sophia had to come with me so I told her to get a jacket, socks, and shoes and she came out dressed like this. I'm still trying to decide if the glasses, the blue socks with yellow chicks all over them, or the unmatched white (at least they're both white) shoes are my favorite. What do you think?
Here's the princess trying to hide from the paparazzi as we were getting ready to leave. Way to keep yourself hidden Sophs. I really like the disguise.

In other news, Lilly can laugh! It's about the cutest thing ever and it makes everything so much more fun! I'll try to catch it on video sometime.

4 comments:

ottspot said...

My personal favorite is the upside down sunglasses...that is hilarious!

Melissa said...

That is so cute- I thought for a second you had a picture of the REAL umbrella lady. I totally remember her! I always wanted to do an interview with her and determine her craziness, but maybe she was just allergic to the sun. Did I ever tell you that she came to the bookstore once!?!? I almost wet my pants when I saw her, it startled me, she bought a England keychain or something, but I was shocked to see her in person! Sophie looks cute as the umbrella lady. Can't wait to hear Lilly's laugh!

Nancy said...

What a trendy girl!! She is growing up so fast, and I can't believe Lilly can laugh, how fun is that!

Emily said...

Oh yeah, she is totally trying to lay low in that outfit. I love it!