Saturday, October 11, 2008

I think I spoke too soon

So my first visit to the chiropractor was wonderful and I was really feeling good about things. After a not so great time yesterday I'm not so convinced. I got there and they did the 7 minute massage which totally killed. She kept pushing down on all the knots in my shoulders for about 10 seconds. It hurt so bad! Then he came in and did some stuff and then put these suction cups on my back to "pull the knots out". What a crock. My back now looks like this but he said that it should go away in 3 to 5 days. He then massaged the inside of my mouth because he said my jaw is too tight (he said he should be able to flap my mouth open and shut without any resistance from me. Can anyone do that?). He totally massaged around my mouth and now it hurts to even smile. It was really weird to have him massage the inside of my mouth (pretty much the underside of my lips and cheeks). It totally killed while he was doing it. After that he put an oxygen mask on me and had me do deep relaxing breathing for about 5 minutes. I'm not saying all chiropractors are bad but I'm pretty sure this ones a kook. I then went to an ear nose throat doc because I've still been really dizzy. I told him that I went to a chiropractor and he asked if it helped. I told him that I thought going and getting a good massage would pretty much do the same thing and he just smiled and didn't say anything. Anyway, so no offense to any of you that are sold on chiropractors. If you know a good one, let me know. And Jen, don't fell bad that this didn't quite work the way I thought it would. I totally appreciated the suggestion and maybe I'll have to go to St. George to see the guy you saw!

Here's a Halloween bonus. I remember making these cheesecloth ghosts in elementary school and thought they'd be fun to make again. You mix 2 parts water to 1 part sugar and then dip pieces of cheese cloth in them and then drape them over a vase or cup. I put aluminum foil on top of the vase to make the arm shapes. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
Also a big HUMONGOUS THANK YOU to my sister-in-law Jenna who showed my Activity Day girl's some cake decorating tips the other night. They had such a blast. I know it was a lot of work for Jenna and I appreciate her so much!

8 comments:

amylynne said...

Ouch! Brady definitely agrees with you about chiropractors--apparently they're mortal enemies with physical therapists. It really isn't based on science at all. Anyway, hope you get feeling better soon!

Jennifer Lyn said...

Oh no!! That looks so painful. I am so sorry. Good luck. And we hope you feel better soon.

The Favorite said...

Cute Ghost.
Cute Activity Day girls and cookies
NOT CUTE HUGE BRUISES!
Sorry Jo.

The Millers said...

I haven't ever commented on a blog before, but I have to ask...Can you have your money back from that last visit? You want some abuse, just come on over. We give it out for free around here :-) Maybe the philosophy they subscribe to is to put you in so much pain that you forget what brought you in to start with?

Good luck! Great ghosts, by the way :-)

DTAMBS

ottspot said...

Jo you are a good sport at the very least. I would have hightailed it out the door at the mention of suction cups and long before the mouth massage! I'm sorry you're still feeling crappy though!

tcbcw said...

That is too funny! There has got to be a way to use those spots for Halloween. Can I get the name of that guy? Maybe I can get them all over and be a ladybug for Halloween? Or VERY rosy cheeks? ;-)

amylynne said...

PS check out my blog--I wrote about you!

Melissa said...

yikes sorry about the bruises!