Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let the Halloween Fun Begin!

I love FHE in the Fall. We had a fun time last night carving pumpkins followed by sipping hot chocolate while munching on pumpkin donuts (thank you Macey's for only making these once a year - they are too yum that I eat too many!) Sophia and I had fun making a turtle pumpkin (made from a green pumpkin and fun ornamental gourds) and Doug had fun carving a Dora pumpkin. He did a great job and it looks awesome. Thanks for the great pumpkins Grandpa and Grandma!Here's what our cute house looks like now.
The girls and I also had a fun day at home yesterday and hanging out with grandma on her day off! In the morning they had a fun time eating popcorn and drinking water. I love that Lilly is getting so big and good at doing things by herself (like taking off her pants repeatedly).I've had such a fun time with decorations this year. I made these paper mache pumpkins to compliment my cheesecloth ghosts. I just put the paper mache newspaper around small balloons and then painted them once they hardened. I looked for paper mache paste base everywhere and then realized it's made with 2 parts water to 1 part flour with a little bit of salt. No wonder we did it so much in elementary school!
I love this little Halloween outfit. My little niece "Cakes" wore it last year. She was only 3 months old and Lilly is 10 months. I love my little kids! I think Lilly and Kate look so much alike too. Not so much in these pictures but in real life.
Last but not least, I got my haircut this last weekend. Don't mind the triple chin. I hat taking pictures of myself by myself. I'm working on the double chin though. After a VERY LONG hiatus I finally went jogging again yesterday. I made it 2 whole miles! I finally have regained some energy back (maybe the suction cups worked after all). It felt so great to go. Fall is my favorite time to jog because it reminds me of playing soccer in high school. It really is my favorite time of year!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I agree...I love the fall with all the activities and decorations! That is really funny about you loving to jog in the fall. That is my favorite too. It reminds me of running cross country in high school.

Your haircut is really really cute. It fits your personality so well. Love it!

Melissa said...

Oh I'm getting so bad at commenting-- sorry. Cute decorations!! I wish I could hang out with grandma on her day off! I love the turtle and the dora is great. Your hair cut is so cute! I can't remember the last time I ran 2 miles- way to go- you are awesome. Maybe all you needed was some craft therapy to get over your
"illnesses"

ZAC said...

Jo-you're gorgeous and there is no such thing as a triple chin on your face. You are funny though!
I love all the festive things you've done. I've been amazingly lazy with Halloween spirit. I guess I'd better go get on it now with the girls!

Mylissa 2 said...

What fun halloween ideas! I love Fall fun too! Your haircut is cute!