Sunday, June 21, 2009

Valley of the Goblins

First, I have to say I haven't forgotten to post the video of my cutest girl and her cutest daddy dancing. I'm waiting for my little bro to get it off the camera and then I'll get it on here. Until then, here's a cute picture of them before the dance. Last week I took one of my nieces and nephews to the aquarium up in Sandy. Sophia's friend Rachel got to come along too. They all had such of fun time. This was the only good picture (our camera stinks) that I got of them.

Friday we headed down to Goblin Valley for a fun weekend with family. We stopped in Capitol Reef on the way down. It was such a neat place and we're looking forward to more vacations there. Here's our princess (thanks again for the crown Grandma!) with a formation called "The Castle" in the background. The only bummer (aside from this child's face) was that the road to the pioneer registry had been washed out from all the rain so we couldn't see that stuff. Maybe next time.
Here's three cuties admiring the cool petroglyphs.
After Capitol Reef we headed to Gobling Valley. The campsites there were great. They each had a covered picnic table and the site included showers and flushable toilets. That's my kind of camping!
There were a few goblins right by our campsite. All the kids had a great time playing on them.
After everyone else joined us we had dinner and then headed to the valley to play in the goblins. It was so much fun. I am definitely looking forward to going there again.
The next day we went a few miles down the road to hike in a slot canyon. It was pretty cool but unfortunately I have no pictures. I'll post some if I get them from my little bro. It was kind of funny because we actually ran into some friends (the Teemants) from our Provo ward. What a small world.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

So fun. I love that place. Weve been to capitol Reef and Goblin Valley a bunch of times with family. We used to play capture the flag and Sardenes around all the rocks. It was a tons of fun.

The Ullery Family said...

The day you left our ward scouts got back from goblin valley. They actually cleaned the path leading to the petroglyphs as their service project. Did it look nice and clean? :) Looks like a lot of fun!

Melissa said...

Fur fun. Those pictures are great- I can't wait to see more. The campsite looks really nice. The boys really would love that- I hope we get a chance to go back- that will be really fun. I can't WAIT to see the sophie video- that is a cute picture to help me pass the time...

Amy said...

What a great idea to go to Goblin Valley to go camping!! (Hey, we had the same idea.) I'm so glad we ran into you there. We wandered around the goblins from about 5-7 pm Fri. night. We must have just missed you guys there. Crazy! I'll have to post my picts. on my blog soon.

Jennifer Lyn said...

So fun! We loved Goblin Valley! We took pics of our kids hanging out on top of the rocks too. How cute. We miss you guys.

The Favorite said...

You are lookin' babelicious!
So fun camping and so sad we couldn't be there.