Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cherries Anyone?

My parents had a fabulous cherry crop this year and we've greatly been enjoying their harvest! I brought home a few buckets last week and we were up to our ears in cherries. Doug kept pitting them and we kept running out of containers to put them in.

I made cherry jam, pie filling, tarts, pies, crisps, dried, and everything else you can do think of to make with cherries. I even found a recipe for cherry chicken and might try it out. My sister in law picked some from their house yesterday and I came home with another bucket yesterday and made only a few batches of pie filling before it was to much. Thanks to my friends for willing to take some off my hands! Thanks to mom and dad too for the awesome cherry trees!

Last week our friends invited us to the city pool. We hadn't been and it was pretty fun. The girls were a little hesitant at first but did okay. Sophia was terrified of the big bucket that splashed over everything. It was fun to go to have gone so that now Sophia knows what it's all about and won't be begging to go every day.

Enjoying a sucker break during a mandatory clear the pool break. Thanks again for a fun time Abby!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow - how awesome to have so many cherries stored away. Yum! My bro-in-law is the guy who planned and got the Payson city pool up and running. He got to go to Italy to see what their pools were like there and implement some of their ideas. We've been going to 7 Peaks and the kids have been lovin' it.

Stacy Risenmay said...

Thanks again for the cherries! I am dehydrating most of them and will put them in some homemade granola. It was a fun surprise!

Alice-Anne said...

Good work! We have one cherry tree and I am amazed how many we got! I have work to do...:)Enjoy your cherries!