Sunday, October 11, 2009

All Growed Up

My cutest little bro and his cutest Lexie were sealed yesterday and it everything was so beautiful and so fun. They had an open house the night before at my older brother's house in North Salt Lake. Here's the cute candles set up outside leading the way.

The sing-in table. The beautiful cake (they actually had this at the luncheon). I loved the chocolate fondant! Oh the things I would have done differently at my wedding if I only knew about them!
Two cute girls getting ready for the party.
My amazing gourmet chef/MD brother in action. He made the best food! Everything turned out so good!
Cute fall decor that Lexie's cute mom put up. She did the best decorating job!
Yummy cheese platter.
These picks had a beet, pear, goat cheese, and a candied walnut. They were delcious!
Raspberry mousse brownies and picks with a tomato, tortellini and mozarella ball wrapped in basil.
Here's pics from the beautiful day. They were married in Draper and it was so lovely. Their sealer was tremendous and they were both so cute! Here's Lexie with her mom.

Lexie with the father of the bride.
The Happy Couple. I'm still having a hard time getting over that this was my little brother getting married. It's so hard to believe! I also am still trying to figure out how he got such a beautiful girl!
Ah, how sweet.
So fun! Lexie wore her mom's wedding dress and she looked so beautiful! I couldn't believe it!
Cute Karen came all the way from visiting in Japan!. She's so much fun. She just jabbers and jabbers but you can't understand becuase it's all in Japanese. It's the cutest thing. Cute Sophs
Cool Cat Sam.
Cute Lils
All in all, it was such a beautiful day! They had a luncheon after their ceremony and it was all so nice. What a fun day and what a relief for my parents to have all 8 married off!
Here's a few non-wedding related randoms from my kids lately. This is what Lilly fixed herself for dinner the other night. It totally cracked me up.

The other day we were driving through downtown of my hometown. Sophia looked out the window and said, "wow. This is a cute city." I told her that I liked it too because it was the city I was born in and where I grew up. She asked where she grew up. I told her she was born in American Fork but that she now lives in the city where we live but that we might move soon and that that can be the city where she grows up. She then asked where we were going to move to and I told her I didn't know yet. She then said, "maybe we should move to Walmarts. " yeah. That's a good idea. At least we'd never have to go to the store for anything!
One last Sophunny. She was riding with my parents up to Jeff and Lexie's open house and my dad was telling her that in Greek Sophia means wise like a wise owl or something. She responded "good gravy!" That totally cracked my dad up. Silly Sophs!

8 comments:

Alexis said...

so I saw her wedding dress and thought "if I were to do my wedding all over again, I would have worn THAT wedding dressing" then I read that it was her mom's!! No way- I can't believe that dress was available somewhere and I never saw it---maybe it was MADE for her mom--anyways yeah she is Beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress!!

Nancy said...

Looks like everything turned out really nice! I like the fall decor. It is such a nice time to get married. I would have gotten married in the fall if I did my wedding over again. It is weird to think all the millers are now married. When Mark gets married I really will consider myself getting old.

Leda Johnson said...

I can't believe that is his mother's wedding dress. I LOVE IT! It is absolutely beautiful!!!

ottspot said...

I hope you are recovering well from the festivities! Seriously, is it just me or did all the cool wedding stuff come about like 3 years after we got married?!

The boondocks said...

I wish I was there. man I am feeling old!!! I sure miss you guys!!

Alice-Anne said...

how great to have everyone in your family married! it looked beautiful. Those foods were so unique! And you have cute, funny kids!

The Favorite said...

Good Gravy- those are great pictures! I love your girls dresses. So sad to see everything we missed...
I am way jealous of the food and that cake is beautiful. Love it!
Karen looks so sweet too. Thanks for postin'

Abby said...

Ok Lilly's "Platter 'O Binkis" was hilarious! It just makes so much sense to these kids. Love Sophie's idea of living in Wal-Mart. That Wal-Mart is like McDonalds. Eliza can spot it from miles away. I actually stay there usually to long so she gets mad when we have to go to "Wally's store" is what she calls it. Last love how you call it, "Sophunnies". Thanks for the good laugh!