Monday, September 28, 2009

Funny FHE

Our amazing Primary chorister (who also builds her own furniture, takes amazing pictures, and is expecting her 4th boy - yahoo!) always does the greatest things during singing time. She's been known to do such things as spin the teacher and wear eyeballs on her head to get the kids to pay attention to her. Oh how I love to be serving in Primary because I get to enjoy what she comes up with! Yesterday was no exception. She had a box of dress ups and she passed around a little stuffed animal while all the kids sang. If the music stopped the child holding the animal had to say the next line of the song. If they got it right, she had to put a dress up on. The kids thought it was great. Apparently my child thought it was so great that it's what she picked to do for FHE. While I was cleaning up dinner she came out of her room with a big handful of dress ups and a little stuffed dog. She instructed everyone to sit down and pass the dog while we sang "My Eternal Family" aka "I am a Builder". She then told us when she said stop you had to keep singing the song and then you got to put on a dress up. She totally cracks me up. Here was the final result. All Doug got was the Eeyore ears. Apparently I'm a little too big for the little purple dress. Thanks for a fun FHE idea Stacy!
After FHE we pulled out some possible halloween costume ideas. I'm not one to keep a secret so I don't mind putting these out here. The tinkerbell costume is left over from my niece Jane and was meant to be for Lilly. It was a little big for her and a perfect fit for Sophs so she's now Tinkerbell. The skunk costume was from Sophia's first halloween (our little stinker) and is a perfect fit for Lilly. Doug decided we're doing a Peter Pan theme. I'm up for wearing a blue nightgown. Anyone have access to an adult size Peter Pan costume? I really don't want to make one (but now that I will anyway). We've already got the red hair to go with it.

6 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

This made my day! I love the sunbeams and I look at them the whole time during singing time because they are so cute, but I never know if they care or are paying attention. I guess I don't give them enough credit. She is so sweet!

tcbcw said...

I love the skunk costume. I can't wait to see the tights, Doug. ;-) Or is Doug going as Wendy?

Jennifer Lyn said...

You guys are so cute! I love it. I want to see Doug as Peter Pan. :)

Melissa said...

What a cute idea- Id love to meet this lady. Our music lady is good, very talented, but she is also old and sometimes grumpy. The kids would love something like her. Love the costumes too- just perfect!

Lauren said...

So funny! What a creative leader, and a smart little girl! Cute idea.

You guys always have the best Halloween ideas. I just read Maddie the Cat in the Hat and thought of you "things". :) I remember when baby Sophs was the stinker! Time flies.

The Favorite said...

Cute cute!