Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Things

Here's a few of our latest and greatest Christmas activities in no particular order. Yesterday we had a great time at the Ivins Christmas party. We love a visit from Santa any day of the week. Sophia of course was nervous and hesitant about going up but I told her I'd carry her and stay by her. Once she got up there she sat in his lap, gave him a huge hug, and snuggled right into his beard. It was actually pretty cute and we were quite surprised (and impressed). I think Santa appreciated a hug for all his efforts too.
Here's Lilly with her new baby doll a.k.a. glowworm from Santa.

Doesn't it look just like her?
Sophia got some new Pet Shops that she was pretty excited about.
Lilly did pretty good with Santa. She was more excited about the gift than the man.
This is one of my sweet nieces that was attacked by an armoire a few days before. She looked a little beat up but we were happy to see her there and are so glad she's okay!
Grandpa Wilkins got to be Santa's helper elf Harvey. He did a pretty good job.
Sophia enthused about the party.
Lilly looking a little more enthused.
The night before we went to the lights with two of my brother's and their families. Lilly was completely exhausted by the time we got home.
We got their a little late and some of the lights had already been turned off. At least the reflecting pool was still going strong.
I don't remember this from year's past and thought it was gorgeous.
This one is for Doug's mom. (sorry about my face. It just looks that way sometimes).
Doug's does too. (JK)
All bundled up and getting ready to climb into the stroller.
Does this scene look familiar? ("Can't put my arms down") She really couldn't
We also decorated a gingerbread house last week. Those are some pretty happy gingerbread men. Great smiles.
Another view.Here's a close-up of Doug's gazerbeam gingerbread man and "tree" he created for the front yard.
I also took Sophia to see the Nutcracker last night at the high school. They did a really good job. I was quite impressed. She enjoyed it too. My favorite is still the bon bons that come out of the lady's skirt. They even had a the growing tree too. It was great!

1 comment:

Bob Ullery said...

Oh man I miss home. :) Love the car. You deserve one to drive. Miss you and can't wait to see you soon. Tell Doug Happy Birthday for us!!!