Friday, December 18, 2009

Look what I did!

First off, happy birthday to my sweet husband last Tuesday! Here's hopin' 28 brings the best year yet! We celebrated by going to dinner sans children. We went to Gloria's Little Italy in Provo. It was okay. The service was a little...strange. Everything we asked about the waiter said was nasty or couldn't recommend. He even talked Doug out of a pizza by saying they took too long to cook. Really weird. What we did end up getting was okay and I'd say with was a little overpriced. Definitely will stick with La Dolce Vita when we're looking for some authentic Italian.

Now on to what I did. I cut Sophia's hair and it looks halfway decent. Sorry the picture isn't very good. It is a pretty cute cut if I do say so myself. I have been trying really hard to grow her hair out so that it can be long and I can do fun things with it. I looked at her the other day and because her bangs have grown out, I noticed her hair was too different lengths and not looking too good. I decided it was time for a cut and I think I like it better like this. We'll see if I decide to let it grow out again.
I also made this apron for Lilly. The straps are a little long but nothing I can't cut off. With my mom's help the ruffles turned out halfway decent too. It was pretty fun to make and hopefully she won't freak out anymore when she and Sophia paint and only Sophia has an apron.

This cracked me up yesterday. When my cutest nephew Josh was in town last him and Sophia loved to play "Lilly bugs us". I know I probably shouldn't have let them get away with it but Lilly thought it was great too. The made signs like this. I told Sophia she could play it as long as she knew she was only her pretending and that she really loves her sister. Anyway, I found this picture that Sophia drew yesterday. It made me laugh (am I a bad mom? - don't answer that). I especially loved Lilly's ponytails.
Here's your bonus for this post. Lately Lilly has looked like this constantly. Those are "crowns" on her head.
From the minute she wakes up she brings me this dress and has me put it on. She then says "I'm a princess... in a tower" (from Shrek the Muscial) over and over while she spins around. She truly is a beautiful princess.
Here's one more random for this post. I had a few of my old roomies and their families down for dinner last week. The kids always have a little too much fun together but we love when they wear each other out!

4 comments:

Alexis said...

Cute apron!!
Hey, I'm in Utah at Ian's parents house and I have been meaning to meet up with you so I can return your book, but I just haven't made it to Spanish Fork!!
So, if you are ever in the neighborhood pa-leeeeze stop by (especially if you have your cute girls with you!!)

stu said...

Love the princess outfits Lilly! She really is a princess. Happy late birthday Doug!

Jennifer Lyn said...

That apron is so cute! So much fun!

Nancy said...

Im sure you will get a lot of use out of that apron. Great job on the projects!