Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Update

First, let's start with Christmas eve. My family has a tradition of exchanging "pixie" gifts on Christmas Eve. This year my sister Eliza picked our name. Her husband built us this gorgeous mantle clock. He's pretty much amazing. Click here to see more amazing things he made for his family this year.
She also gave me this funny chocolate bar. It says "Marital Bliss Bar" and it shows 50% hers in pink and 50% his in black. That's my kind of bar.

We spent Christmas Eve at Doug's parents house with a yummy chinese dinner. After dinner and a few other festivities, we let the girls open their presents from Pajama Clause. I don't think matching jammies are ever going to get old for me. I love them!
Doug even got a new pair of jammy bottoms from Pajama Clause.
Now on to Christmas morning. Here's the presents just dying to be unwrapped.
The stockings were lined on our couch with care.
Lilly was pretty excited about what she found in her stocking.
Can you guess what it was?
The aftermath. Lilly insisted on opening all her gifts in the kitchen. It was so thoughtful of her to help spread the mess through the entire house. Sorry about the lovely shot of my backside. I was working on uploading books to Sophia's new Tag reader (complete life saver in the car! Possibly my favorite gift from santa (aside from the Chi and mandoline from Doug, I mean Santa)).
After yummy breakfast and gifts at Grandma Wilkins' and a quick stop at Grandma Ivins' for some delicious toffee, it was onto Grandma Miller's for some more gift opening (because we hadn't had enough for one day).
My mom gave Lilly this monkey as big as she is. She was a little unsure at first but she loves it.
Me and the girls singing songs before we all departed.
My friend Tiffany made this beautful thing for me. I love it! In case you can't see it, on the A it says "ask and ye shall receive", the S says "seek and ye shall find", and the K says "knock and it shall be opened unto you". I seriously love it. She's amazing!Last Sunday we went to Salem Pond to see the fun winter decorations we'd heard about. THis is not the greatest picture but all these things (except the nativity) are floating on the pond.
The lighted trees were gorgeous! I loved the reflection they made. So fun.
Hope you all had a great Christmas! Now it's off to Grandma Miller's to ring in a wild new year!

4 comments:

ottspot said...

Will got the same monkey from Santa. But I don't think he has even looked at it. Sawyer got a dog that is the same size. He sleeps with it every night and it takes up most of the crib!

The Favorite said...

Fun Christmas!
I love the pictures of you and your girls!

stu said...

What a great holiday! Sounds like you guys sure had a lot of fun. Thanks for the gifts for Karen and us.

Jennifer Lyn said...

What a fun Christmas! And I can't believe you got your quilt done. I shall not covet, I shall not covet. :) I think I am going to get the kit on my next trip to UT!